More Users Confirm Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB3163018 Installation Issues

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I had some issues with the update. First, the download process took a long while to finish. Then during installation it took while before a percentage appeared. Lastly when it got to around 30% my computer rebooted, but something when wrong and it didn't reboot correctly.

I had to force a shutdown and turn on my computer. This time the update continued after the 30% and finally finished.

I wonder why some users didn't have problems, like me, but others definitely have. :confused:
I wonder the same too. The issues I had were relatively minor, but some seem to report even bigger issues. I'm curious if the people that get those issues usually use some sort of software that disable telemetry and other services due to privacy, perhaps those software are messing with the way Windows 10 is updating.

Though the only way to know is if the people that get those issues also report whether they mess with the OS or not.

H

hjlbx

I had some issues with the update. First, the download process took a long while to finish. Then during installation it took while before a percentage appeared. Lastly when it got to around 30% my computer rebooted, but something when wrong and it didn't reboot correctly.

I had to force a shutdown and turn on my computer. This time the update continued after the 30% and finally finished.

I wonder the same too. The issues I had were relatively minor, but some seem to report even bigger issues. I'm curious if the people that get those issues usually use some sort of software that disable telemetry and other services due to privacy, perhaps those software are messing with the way Windows 10 is updating.

Though the only way to know is if the people that get those issues also report whether they mess with the OS or not.

The problems are not caused by telemetry being disabled. It's not any software interfering with with the update itself.

The problems appear to be caused by the cumulative updates over-writing the previous cumulative update and coding errors within the updates themselves.

For whatever reason(s), the update process for cumulative updates is not very clean and efficient. Things are getting messed up during the process all by itself.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For some reason, my Windows Update is so quiet at all and those issues that I have encounter never occurred on my system.

Sometimes having in a different region is lucky because updates are not massive distributed immediately. ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.