Last updated
Jan 13, 2021
How it's used?
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 10
On-device encryption
Log-in security
    • Biometrics (Windows Hello PIN, TouchID, Face, Iris, Fingerprint)
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Smart App Control
Network firewall
Real-time security
* Ziggo Safe Online by F-Secure
* Malwarebytes WFC.
* Neushield Data Sentinel
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
About custom security
* Simple Windows Hardening. ( Basic recommended settings. )
* O&O ShutUp10 (recommended settings)
* VeraCrypt
Periodic malware scanners
Periodic manual scan by Ziggo Safe Online by F-Secure - On demand scanners: Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool - EEK
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
* Microsoft Chromium Edge ( Main )
* Firefox
Secure DNS
NextDNS by using YogaDNS.
Desktop VPN
None
Password manager
Bitwarden
Maintenance tools
* Storage Sense
* Wise Disk Cleaner
* PrivaZer ( Once a week. )
* Process Explorer
* O&O Defrag Pro
File and Photo backup
Onedrive
System recovery
EaseUS Todo Backup Free
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Gaming
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
Computer specs
* CPU: Intel Core i5 @ 3.70GHz
* Motherboard: Z370-A PRO (MS-7B48) Micro-Star International Co, Ltd
* Ram: 16 GB DDR4
* Storage: SanDisk SD9SN8W256G (SSD) + 1TB HDD + External 5 TB WD Elements 25A3 USB Device
* Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
* Soundcard: NVIDIA High Definition Audio / Realtek High Definition Audio / NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
What I'm looking for?

Looking for medium feedback.

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
You should check my guide update :)
Made the changes, thank you SecurityNightmare. :)

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
If you are using the Free LastPass read below

Wow, that is a huge change on their side. Although it will not effect me as much as other people, I only use it on my Desktop computer. But no matter how it effects me it sucks that they have chosen to go that way, my guess is that they will lose quit a few users because of this, despite the low prices they have ... for now. Guess those people might change to something like Bitwarden. ( It looks good, although probably not as good as Lastpass. )

Reactions: Venustus and Nevi

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Switched from Lastpass to Bitwarden password manager. It is nice that the desktop version from Bitwarden can be locked and unlocked with Windows Hello. :)

Then again I have no idea if the Lastpass Desktop version has that option as well.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

After checking out the software I replaced Safehouse Explorer with VeraCrypt. From what I saw and read about VeraCrypt it is so much better then Safehouse Explorer for protecting my Documents.
Why not Bitlocker?

Reactions: Nevi

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
You can use Bitlocker in Home too, but only over command line which isn't a big deal as this is only needed once.
So should I want to try Bitlocker on Home in the future, I can simply download install it and then use it over command line like you mentioned? If so then I hope it is explained how to do that.

Reactions: Nevi and Venustus
F

ForgottenSeer 85179

So should I want to try Bitlocker on Home in the future, I can simply download install it and then use it over command line like you mentioned? If so then I hope it is explained how to do that.
You don't need download nor install anything. It's already installed by default.
Yes, in internet a lot of instructions exists.

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Okay, thank you should I not like VeraCrypt after a while for some reason, then I will give Bitlocker a chance.

Reactions: Nevi and Venustus

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
I see you are using One Drive. If it’s the paid version, then why not use its ransomware protection and ditch Neushield.

Well Neushield Data Sentinel does more then just protect against ransomware. ( Even the free version. )

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Well Neushield Data Sentinel does more then just protect against ransomware. ( Even the free version. )

Yes I have seen the features, but I do not see anything special about it. You are using Kaspersky and it is great. I would just use One Drive and make regular backups.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.