Morro's Security Config

Last updated
Dec 31, 1969
Windows Edition
Home
User Access Control
Never notify (disabled)
Real-time security
Avast Free 2016 combined with SpyShelter Firewall, MCShield and CryptoPrevent.
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebytes AntiMalware and Zemana AntiMalware.
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Slimjet ( Latest version ) with these extensions...

Magic Actions for YouTube™
Web Boost
Flash Video Downloader
uBlock Origin
Lastpass Free Password Manager
Supersorter
Privacy Badger
Reddit Enhancement Suite
Image in the center
Chromium Wheel Smooth Scroller
SimpleExtManager
FlashControl
Atomic Bookmarks
Maintenance tools
CCleaner with CCEnhanced and PrivaZer.
File and Photo backup
AOMEI Backupper Professional

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
It is fortunate to have UAC however bare in mind that if you encountered suspected sample like Ransomware then you need to enforce 3rd party program to protect it.

UAC as indeed good concept to control any critical privileges but not in the all around work.

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Good update, but why did you remove VS?

Well for two reasons, first it would not start again after booting my computer when I installed Avast? And does the hardened mode in Avast not do the same ... up to a point? ( Or am I sadly mistaken in that. )

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
For now, I have replaced Glasswire with SpyShelter Firewall. Not because I have something against Glasswire, but simply because I got a SpyShelter Firewall license through a Giveaway on these forums. SpyShelter Firewall looks like a very good program to me, but I will wait and see what time teaches me about it. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.