• Comodo

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Other

Votes: 28 68.3%
  • Total voters

amico81

Level 17
Verified
I'm a gamer too and have tested several av's in the last months.

So i can speak for 4 solutions:

1. Bullguard Internet Security -> Gamer Mode to deactivate background tasks ( you can see how many and wich processes are stopped during gaming). its a light av but in my opinion ugly interface and the protection depends on bitdefender signatures.

2. Panda free -> very light....but no solid protection. he need a wingman like OSarmor or Syshardener.

3. Eset Nod32 -> very light....my favourite AV for gaming. no impact, no delays...nothing...and strong protection

4. AVG free -> light...and a little bit lighter with the avast tweaks of @Evjl's Rain .

I was not very happy with Bitdefender AV paid ( heavy ram usage) and F-Secure IS ( little impact @gaming/work)

Last edited:

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Content Creator
I usually just disable the protection temporarily if the game really takes a lot of resources and I can see that the AV is causing the game to slow down

Reactions: Captain Awesome

Windows Defender Shill

Level 7
Verified
-Comodo Cloud AV is probably the quietest AV I've ever used. It's memory impact is around 30-40 MB, 55 at the most with the interface opened; and it's default scan is every 30 day.

-Webroot is smaller, but it needs to scan every 24 hours and this can take around 2-3 minutes.

Reactions: kylprq

permar4

Level 1
What opinions are there about kaspersky free? sometimes I see that it consumes a lot of CPU all of a sudden... but in general I see it light.

roger_m

Level 24
Verified
Content Creator
What opinions are there about kaspersky free? sometimes I see that it consumes a lot of CPU all of a sudden... but in general I see it light.
That's an issue with a lot of antiviruses. It you want something that is light all the time try ESET, Panda or 360 Total Security.

permar4

Level 1
Windows Defender, ESET, Bitdefender Free, and Kaspersky Free.
WD in AV-Comparative indicates that it is very heavy

although recently another user did a free kaspersky bechmark vs WD and there wasn't much difference... Also in AV-TEST the WD performance score is good.

It's a bit frustrating to find different results on each site...

Reactions: DeepWeb

roger_m

Level 24
Verified
Content Creator
It's a bit frustrating to find different results on each site...
You shouldn't take too much notice of test results. Antivirus performance often varies greatly from one computer to the next. An antivirus which I find to be too heavy, may work well for someone else. You really need to install antiviruses and try them yourself to see how they perform on your own system.

Last edited: