Battle Most Gaming friendly AV?

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
I'm a gamer too and have tested several av's in the last months.

So i can speak for 4 solutions:

1. Bullguard Internet Security -> Gamer Mode to deactivate background tasks ( you can see how many and wich processes are stopped during gaming). its a light av but in my opinion ugly interface and the protection depends on bitdefender signatures.

2. Panda free -> very light....but no solid protection. he need a wingman like OSarmor or Syshardener.

3. Eset Nod32 -> very light....my favourite AV for gaming. no impact, no delays...nothing...and strong protection

4. AVG free -> light...and a little bit lighter with the avast tweaks of @Evjl's Rain .

I was not very happy with Bitdefender AV paid ( heavy ram usage) and F-Secure IS ( little impact @gaming/work)

Last edited:

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I usually just disable the protection temporarily if the game really takes a lot of resources and I can see that the AV is causing the game to slow down

Reactions: Captain Awesome

Windows Defender Shill

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2017
-Comodo Cloud AV is probably the quietest AV I've ever used. It's memory impact is around 30-40 MB, 55 at the most with the interface opened; and it's default scan is every 30 day.

-Webroot is smaller, but it needs to scan every 24 hours and this can take around 2-3 minutes.

Reactions: kylprq

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
Is there a Gaming friendly AV?
Hands down ESET Internet Security. Even with all the tweaks enabled I still don't even feel it's there. Protection wise it's top notch also although its the end user who's ultimately responsible for any infection. I use ESET on my gaming rig and can say that it's the most gaming friendly AV.

permar4

Level 1
Verified
Jul 23, 2017
What opinions are there about kaspersky free? sometimes I see that it consumes a lot of CPU all of a sudden... but in general I see it light.

permar4

Level 1
Verified
Jul 23, 2017
Windows Defender, ESET, Bitdefender Free, and Kaspersky Free.

WD in AV-Comparative indicates that it is very heavy

ZJELsdN.png

although recently another user did a free kaspersky bechmark vs WD and there wasn't much difference... Also in AV-TEST the WD performance score is good.

It's a bit frustrating to find different results on each site...

Reactions: DeepWeb

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
It's a bit frustrating to find different results on each site...
You shouldn't take too much notice of test results. Antivirus performance often varies greatly from one computer to the next. An antivirus which I find to be too heavy, may work well for someone else. You really need to install antiviruses and try them yourself to see how they perform on your own system.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.