New Update Mountain Duck and Cyberduck - What are they?

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Mountain Duck lets you mount server and cloud storage as a disk in Finder on macOS and the File Explorer on Windows. Open remote files with any application and work like on a local volume.

Cyberduck is a libre server and cloud storage browser for Mac and Windows with support for FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, Amazon S3, OpenStack Swift, Backblaze B2, Microsoft Azure & OneDrive, Google Drive and Dropbox.

Differences explained here.

Cleo

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
I had Mountain Duck a few years ago when I didn't have any huge paid cloud storage space, so I had to cobble together a few free ones. Instead of 5 different apps running their cloud space on my desktop I just used Mountain Duck which seems compatible with a fair few services like GMX and Amazon and good old Google and Microsoft.

zkSnark

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 13, 2019
Mountain Duck lets you mount server and cloud storage as a disk in Finder on macOS and the File Explorer on Windows. Open remote files with any application and work like on a local volume.

Cyberduck is a libre server and cloud storage browser for Mac and Windows with support for FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, Amazon S3, OpenStack Swift, Backblaze B2, Microsoft Azure & OneDrive, Google Drive and Dropbox.

Differences explained here.
Are there any other free alternatives available for Mountain Duck?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.