Troubleshoot Mousepad/USB Mouse help!

Kobiyoro

Thread author
Nov 15, 2014
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
fast mousepad, slow USB mouse
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
I've tried to uninstall and reinstall both drivers, and it didn't work.
Okay, here's the deal. I had a mousepad that moved really slow, while I had a USB mouse that moved obnoxiously fast. My mouse worked perfectly fine about a few hours ago. I installed Utorrent to test it out, and all of the sudden, my mousepad started moving extremely fast, while the USB mouse started moving slowly. How do I switch it back? I really need some help.. I uninstalled and re-installed both drivers. I just don't know what to do.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Based on your statement it looks like there can be an isolation between the performance of your computer and the mouse use as hardware.

As you boot up your computer, is it started already to slow down the cursor with mouse either USB and mousepad? (before you click any applications)

Upvote 0

LucyN

Level 1
Verified
Jun 16, 2014
As jamescv7 mentioned, the first thing I would try is rebooting and see how they move before starting any programs.
Also check the mouse and mousepad properties settings to see if they've been changed. Have you tried running an antivirus yet?

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.