Advice Request Mozila Connection Error - HTTPS not working on any website!

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

suma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2013
When I search or try to logged any website through Mozila Firefox.. It say

" Your connection is not secure

The owner of has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox may only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate."

I didnt find any suspicious things by scanning Kaspersky, Malwarebbyte and Hitman.

MalwareTips.JPG

hitman.JPG
anti.JPG

Plz tell me how to resolved it

Last edited by a moderator:

LoLs

Level 2
Verified
Dec 16, 2016
have you try different browser Chrome maybe? similar error occur when your ISP using transparent dns. Try change your DNS to use Google Public DNS or OpenDNS, and try check on DNS leak test.
You can use Dnscrypt to bypass this transparent dns and site restriction from your ISP. But it's not compatible with Kaspersky 2017.
KIS/KAV 2016 work fine with Dnscrypt

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
When I search or try to logged any website through Mozila Firefox.. It say

" Your connection is not secure

The owner of has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox may only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate."

I didnt find any suspicious things by scanning Kaspersky, Malwarebbyte and Hitman.

View attachment 127362

View attachment 127363 View attachment 127364
Plz tell me how to resolved it

Ok, so it's not related to this website. Does this happen with any other installed browser (Edge, IE or Chrome)?

The first thing that I would do is to check the date and time in Windows, because I've seen this error when they are not setup correctly.

Next, you should check if any of the installed (security) software is interfering with Firefox (by adding their certificate or something like that).

Did you try to reset Firefox to its default settings? - Reset Firefox preferences to troubleshoot and fix problems | Firefox Help

Last edited:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Also, If You are using FireFox x64, You should import "Kaspersky Root Certificate" manually inside FireFox Certifiactes manager, in tab Authorities.

You can import "Kaspersky Root Certificate" from here:
C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP17.0.0\Data\Cert\(fake)Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Root Certificate.cer

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Assuming only Kaspersky is scanning encrypted web pages, importing Kaspersky's certificate into Firefox should fix any problems.

Chrome and other browsers do not seem to have a problem with this (maybe because they use certificates in Windows certificate store itself which is where many products store it, including Kaspersky, whereas Firefox utilizes NSS' cross-platform certificate store).

Whenever I would use Firefox with something like Kaspersky, ESET, Adguard, etc, I get the same errors as you did until I manually install a certificate in Firefox. Keep in mind HTTPS scanning in different software can conflict (an example would be Adguard + Kaspersky - I simply solve this by turning off Kaspersky encrypted scanning. Some seem to have luck with exclusions but not in my case).

D

Deleted member 2913

Yeah, as others have mentioned, I bet its due to HTTPS scan/filter of products you have on your system like Kaspersky, Eset, Adguard, etc...

And I have noticed, mostly probs with Firefox & clone & not with other browsers. Guess some products cannot install certs properly in Firefox & clone for some reasons.
Manual cert install of the product in Firefox should solve the prob.

I personally disable security software HTTPS scan & keep enable Adguard Desktop HTTPS filter. So its personal preference. Dont know the effect of enabled in both But I would never do so i.e would keep enabled on any one only.

suma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2013
I use Chrome side by side Mozila, Yup it happens only in Mozila x64 after fresh installations. I didn't faced any problem with E-set but there may be kaspersky creat some troubles on Mozila.. Surprisingly Firefox previous version worked smoothly compared to newer. I haven't been logged My Bank A/c, ticket booking from any secure site even cant able to search for 2weeks. plz help.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Ok, if Mozilla x64, then problem is that Kaspersky sometimes does not install its "Kaspersky Root Certificate" automatically on it (I have attended the same case in Kaspersky forum), only in x86... importing that certificate manually as I posted in my previous post should fix the issue...

Also be sure You don't have duplicates of that certificate inside FireFox and/or Windows Certification Manager, keeping only the most updated one from the current Kaspersky product installed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.