Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Servo
Nightly builds of the Servo web rendering engine are now available! To make the Servo engine easy to interact with, we are bundling an HTML-based browser UI. While our engine is not yet fully web compatible, we want to give a larger audience the chance to start experimenting with and contributing to Servo. We have created packages for macOS and Linux (64-bit); Windows and Android packages should be available soon.

Binary packages and installation instructions are available at Servo Developer Preview Downloads.

When you first run Servo, you see a new tab page containing a selection of sites that Servo renders well and some tech demos. A stand-alone copy of this page is available for use in other browsers to compare performance.

Getting involved
Servo is a community project hosted on GitHub, and we have acurated list of good first bugs for you, whether you’re interested in writing Rust, JS, Python, or even shell scripts. If you are a web developer, we’d love to see what you can do with Servo’s capabilities.

If you encounter any problems we’d love to hear about them in the issue tracker.

Please also note that this is the first public release of this product and not yet ready to use as your main browser!

Source: Servo Nightly Builds Available
More information: Mozilla releases first Servo Nightly build - gHacks Tech News

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I'm still not sure if when Firefox can overcome Google Chrome in such aspect?

Speed? or Security?

It is a mind game, either you want to have higher market shares or the quality of browser you produce.

Y

yigido

finally, what took them so long :D
e10s is ready in my opinion. But those huge extension library needs to be update for Electrolysis. This is why they are so slow imho.
For Sandbox, it will be available with Servo maybe. Don't know much about it. But seems they have plans to add to Firefox.
Still way behind Chrome, as I said
There will be no Firefox era from now on :) Google is the only king and it will always be.

Firefox will always be second browser on desktops :(

Reactions: silversurfer

simbelmayne

Level 3
Verified
Jul 4, 2016
Finally new MF! I waited for it, maybe it will be a little bit FASTER, because people don't want anything else from browsers except speeeeed :D:D:D:D

Reactions: yigido
Y

yigido

Finally new MF! I waited for it, maybe it will be a little bit FASTER, because people don't want anything else from browsers except speeeeed :D:D:D:D
Exactly, most users do not care about anything but SPEEEDDD!!
I hope better responsive UI..it makes users feel "faster"..
The speed is related your ISP and internet speed. User cannot feel the speed of page loading while using, just my 2 cents :)

simbelmayne

Level 3
Verified
Jul 4, 2016
That's why they got so much browser hijackers, because they promise the fassst browsing! and profitable deals, of course =))

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.