New Update Mozilla Removes 23 Firefox Add-Ons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overlord

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 22, 2013
Mozilla removed today 23 Firefox add-ons that snooped on users and sent data to remote servers, a Mozilla engineer has told Bleeping Computer today.
The list of blocked add-ons includes "Web Security," a security-centric Firefox add-on with over 220,000 users, which was at the center of a controversy this week after it was caught sending users' browsing histories to a server located in Germany.
At the time, Mozilla engineers said they would review the add-on's behavior. But following the initial report, several users reported other add-ons exhibiting similar data collection patterns, some of which sent data to the same server where "Web Security" was also sending information.
Source:Mozilla Removes 23 Firefox Add-Ons That Snooped on Users

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
The complete list is here

Web Security
Browser Security
Browser Privacy
Browser Safety
YouTube Download & Adblocker Smarttube
Popup-Blocker
Facebook Bookmark Manager
Facebook Video Downloader
YouTube MP3 Converter & Download
Simply Search
Smarttube - Extreme
Self Destroying Cookies
Popup Blocker Pro
YouTube - Adblock
Auto Destroy Cookies
Amazon Quick Search
YouTube Adblocker
Video Downloader
Google NoTrack
Quick AMZ

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
I think I have used Popup-Blocker for a very short time on Chrome. I have seen some people here use Autodestroy Cookies. Very ironic that that extension tracks you...

Reactions: tonibalas
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.