Status
Not open for further replies.

Like a Western!

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
First of all, you are at risk: you shouldn't play with Malware on your host machine. System utilities are optimising software (CCleaner, for example)
i using Shadow Defender . BUT it wasnt a choice in that title box.. so i choose my host becuase SD installed on my host machine right? :D

and yes i have Ccleaner installed , i will fill it ( i'm eating dinner at the moment :D:( )

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Downloading, Storing, Running malware on your Host PC is a huge security risk.

Even if you use Shadow Defender on your PC, there's still a risk of being compromised or affecting other network-connected devices on your private network including smartphones, routers, printers and smart appliances.

Shadow Defender can be added under real-time protection.

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
i using Shadow Defender . BUT it wasnt a choice in that title box.. so i choose my host becuase SD installed on my host machine right? :D

and yes i have Ccleaner installed , i will fill it ( i'm eating dinner at the moment :D:( )
If you use Shadow Defender, you aren't on your real machine, but you are in a virtual environment.

Why not extensions?

You can install HTTPS Everywhere, uBlock Origin

I suggest you to add a backup software, such as Macrium Reflect Free or AOMEI Backupper.

Thanks for sharing.

Like a Western!

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
i cannot believe that ! at risk ? :|

Whats the reason of this mark ? :O

JM Security thanks for your suggestion , but i prefer trust DrWeb data loss prevention + system image backup :D , and about extentions why do i need to install them ?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
M

MalwareBlockerYT

here is my new 2017 Config , waiting for your opinions on it :D

( come on guys tell me its great ;) : )))) )
I would suggest that you use a Password Manager like KeePass 2.0 - you can't simply say "I don't believe them", do you mean "I don't trust them?" because if so KeePass 2.0 is perfect for you since it's Offline - no company is storing your details & only you have access to the passwords.

I use KeePass 2.0 as my Password Manager & have a 30 character password to open it as well as a Key File (for Two Step Authentication) which is on an encrypted USB stick in my Safe... It is pretty much the most secure Password Manager you can use & is reliable, trustworthy & just brilliant :)

I would also recommend using Avira Browser Safety - better URL protection than Dr. Web & Https everywhere - this makes sure all connections are encrypted. Possibly AdGuard too to prevent ads popping up.

Otherwise, it looks ok :D

Like a Western!

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
I would suggest that you use a Password Manager like KeePass 2.0 - you can't simply say "I don't believe them", do you mean "I don't trust them?" because if so KeePass 2.0 is perfect for you since it's Offline - no company is storing your details & only you have access to the passwords.

I use KeePass 2.0 as my Password Manager & have a 30 character password to open it as well as a Key File (for Two Step Authentication) which is on an encrypted USB stick in my Safe... It is pretty much the most secure Password Manager you can use & is reliable, trustworthy & just brilliant :)

I would also recommend using Avira Browser Safety - better URL protection than Dr. Web & Https everywhere - this makes sure all connections are encrypted. Possibly AdGuard too to prevent ads popping up.

Otherwise, it looks ok :D
Thanks dude :D

well yes i really care about my privacy... so thats why i don't install any extension but this KeePass seems good so i will try it ;)
BUT! i really cannot underestand why i'm at risk ? :D did you underestand?

about Avira ... i won't install it . i simply don't trust Avira :) and it won't change ;) :D extensions? i will not trust them too! so i won't try any extesnions like https... or uBlock... too :D am i at risk only becuase of i really care about my privacy ? :D

need an answer from Spawn or whoever mark my configuration at risk! :cool:

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014

well yes i really care about my privacy... so thats why i don't install any extension but this KeePass seems good so i will try it ;)

about Avira ... i won't install it . i simply don't trust Avira :) and it won't change ;) :D extensions? i will not trust them too! so i won't try any extesnions like https... or uBlock... too :D am i at risk only becuase of i really care about my privacy ? :D

If you really cared about your privacy then you'd be using an adblocker.

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Good idea about KeePass & no problem :D

But I seriously would advise Avira Browser Safety & HTTPS Everywhere if you care about Privacy - Avira just protects you online from Malicious & Phishing URLs but HTTPS Everywhere allows your connections to be encrypted - which thus improves privacy since you have a more secure connection.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
what if that adblocker spyes on me ? how can i be sure about that? how can i trust them?

i trusted to DrWeb because i have some friends in their Company and know how their privacy terms works ! what about these extension you offering me ?

uBlock Origin is open source and you can see and inspect all the code, or you could even change it to suit your own needs.

Using Google as your search engine is not good for your privacy by any means.

Maybe you can try : StartPage, SearX, or DuckDuckGo.

Last edited:

Like a Western!

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
uBlock seems a good idea then :) i will try it too Thanks! ;)

MalwareBlocker my dude :D well honestly! i know something about Avira which don't let me trust them at all... no way.. they are not good guys ;) ( its my opinion based on my knowledge so Avira fanboys .. sorry : )) )

Like a Western!

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
What's wrong with Avira? I'm curious.
they have a bad history on adding an important/dangerous malware in their database which was one of the most recognized malwares in its time .. it was belong to a country for spying another country... ( i cannot be clear here ... i'm sure you underestand :D ) some of companies wont add it in their database till that malware did its job... one of those company was Avira , another one was Symantec... this is wat hurt my trust to Avira & Symantec :D

by the way excuse me for my not real good English, i'm not an English speaker ;)

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
they have a bad history on adding an important/dangerous malware in their database which was one of the most recognized malwares in its time .. it was belong to a country for spying another country... ( i cannot be clear here ... i'm sure you underestand :D ) some of companies wont add it in their database till that malware did its job... one of those company was Avira , another one was Symantec... this is wat hurt my trust to Avira & Symantec :D

by the way excuse me for my not real good English, i'm not an English speaker ;)

Where/how did you find out about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.