Not open for further replies.

Like a Western!

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
Not affiliated with Avira in any way.

I'm just curious as to how you seen it but there's no credible sources that tell me that this has happened.
maybe its about something bigger than source news ? as i said its between Countries ! no one will public it even if they found out :D

M

MalwareBlockerYT

they have a bad history on adding an important/dangerous malware in their database which was one of the most recognized malwares in its time .. it was belong to a country for spying another country... ( i cannot be clear here ... i'm sure you underestand :D ) some of companies wont add it in their database till that malware did its job... one of those company was Avira , another one was Symantec... this is wat hurt my trust to Avira & Symantec :D

by the way excuse me for my not real good English, i'm not an English speaker ;)
I don't like Avira much either as a company as their installers are awful - they include crapware & junk which you don't want with your AV. But their free extension is brilliant & honestly does the best job out of all URL protection tests I've ever performed - nothing beats it.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello Mr.Pr.
A possible reason behind your "PC: AT RISK!" designation (I think you may have by now discerned) was misunderstanding over how you handle malware, but by illustrating for our overworked and (sometimes) under appreciated Staff how you have taken the necessary steps to remedy risks with malware, you'll soon have a "Secure" assessment.:)

Thank you for sharing both your configuration as well as these interesting discussions about the importance, & often overlooked aspects of privacy and their connections with reputable developers.

Likewise, there can be subtle differences between seemingly identical extensions that are, in fact, different. One example you can read about here:
uBlock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Deciding whether HTTPS Everywhere is trustworthy may require some familiarity and (of course) knowledge. So, here is their site:
In my opinion, the single most effective method to insure more personal privacy on Windows 10 (apart from password security or using an Adblocker) is by switching your "Microsoft Live Account" to a "Local Account", instead.

To do this, follow these steps:
  1. Click on the Windows symbol
  2. Find, & <click> on your own Windows avatar (picture)
  3. Choose "Change Account Settings"
  4. Below your name/picture you may choose "Sign in with local account instead"
Additionally, and for your browsers, you may go under settings >>> privacy >> and check the box beside "Block third party cookies".

By the way, your English is very good; and together with practicing here shall improve even more!:D

Like a Western!

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
Testing malware on your host PC even with shadow defender does pose a risk.
It should be done in a Virtual Environment or a separate testing PC.
Other than that your config looks good however consider some type of backup solution.
Thanks for sharing your config :)
:D Ok then, because i have Shadow Defender for my tests so i'm at risk

hmmm fair enough :D so let it stay at risk :p Np

F

ForgottenSeer 55778

I agree than Avira Browser Safety is an excellent way to block URL's. You will be better off with it.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
maybe its about something bigger than source news ? as i said its between Countries ! no one will public it even if they found out :D
Global Surveillance software is not uncommon and has been around for decades - unless you were born yesterday. Symantec + Magic Lantern (2001) is probably the most known about, but there are many others such as FinFisher (2014).

Global surveillance - Wikipedia
Cyberwarfare - Wikipedia

Reactions: JM Safe and Oxygen

mal1

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2015
Sorry I think I'm off topic, but I believe your concerns have to do with your location. Do you think Avira and other companies have different privacy policies for different IP locations?

Like a Western!

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
Sorry I think I'm off topic, but I believe your concerns have to do with your location. Do you think Avira and other companies have different privacy policies for different IP locations?
of cours my country( Iran ) is a big deal for many companies ! some of companies which blocked our IPs :
Symantec - AVG - SOPHOS - Avira ( we can update but no Support ) - Trend Micro...

BUT, things i know and i said was not about my country and its relationship with these companies,
i simply saw that Avast , Symantec, Avira didnt add an important malware which should be added a long time ago ( they know it exist but... ) Please, do not ask me to explain more than it in public :D their fanboys, are fanboys ! you know.. ? :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Good luck on playing the samples on your host.

Prepare an image for backup or download like Rollback RX for creating snapshots beside to Shadow Defender.

--------------

Anyway, conspiracy theory is already a part of any situation so goes on the integrity of the product.

Reactions: Like a Western!

Like a Western!

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
i have external backups + system image backups allways :D

so there is no problem, thanks for your concern

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.