Advanced Security Divine Barakah's PC Security Config 2024

Last updated
Sep 5, 2024
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
macOS 15 Sequoia
On-device encryption
Windows BitLocker / Device Encryption
Device sign-in security
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
On
Network firewall
Enabled
Router and network details
I am using ISP-provided router. I connected a TP-Link Access Point.
Real-time protection
Webroot Internet Security Plus
Device firewall
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Custom security settings
DefenderUI Pro Recommended with WDAC enabled
Periodic malware scanners
EEK
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browsers and extensions
Vivaldi with multiple profiles

Dashlane, Webroot and Floccus
Secure DNS
NextDNS using Windows 11 DNS over HTTPS manual template
NextDNS with Private DNS setting in Vivaldi
Desktop VPN
BulletVPN is not working in Egypt
I have changed to Windscribe. It works flawlessly using Stealth option.
Password and passkey manager
Dashlane
Sticky Password (as backup) and Enpass (synced to Koofr)

NEVER PUT ALL YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET
Maintenance tools
Kerish Doctor
Smarty Uninstaller
File and photo backups
Ente Photos
Koofr
External HDD
Subscriptions
    • None
System recovery
AOMEI BAckupper Pro
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Working from home
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
Lenovo Legion 5

-AMD Ryzen 5 4600H
- 16 GB Ram
- WD Blue SN500 500GB
-1TB WD Black
- Nividia GTX 1650 TI
Feedback preference

Detailed suggestions and alternatives welcome

- Restored a clean system image.
- Installed BDTS 90-day trial

I let BD run system assessment scan and allowed it to update itself. I ran a full system scan and rebooted the system. The system is snappy and everything is working as expected.

I noticed one issue. When I ran the phishing page (AMTSO), BD did not block the page (in Vivaldi). I had to install BD Trafficlight extension. BD managed to block all the other AMTSO tests.
I noticed that BD Trafficlight extension block more than BD Web Protection too. Is BDTS trial period 90-day usually?
 
Installed McAfee Premium. Thanks @lyldz for providing me with a license.

McAfee is the lightest security product I have ever tried in my whole life. Windows is snappy as never before.

I am playing with it now and I'll keep you updated.
You change antivirus software as you change underwear. What was the problem with BDTS?
 
You change antivirus software as you change underwear. What was the problem with BDTS?
It is a hobby for me to try different security products.

Regarding BD, it was a pleasant experience. I have not experienced any issues nor noticeable system slowdowns.

But it seems that I will keep running McAfee for the time being as it is too light on system resources.

BTW I would choose BD over Emsisoft. BD is definitely lighter on resources.
 
BTW I would choose BD over Emsisoft. BD is definitely lighter on resources.
Remember when you install BD, give it time to update on its own. Do not restart the system too soon. When you install BD, allow it to run the System Assessment scan. Then keep using the system as usual. After an hour run a full system scan and then restart the system.
 
Avast and F-Secure are blocked in Egypt. Every single VPN service I tried failed to connect.

AVG, Emsisoft, Malwarebytes, Bitdefender, McAfee, Norton, Avira are not blocked.

In McAfee, the VPN feature never loads. It is blocked.

This is insane.
 
It also under some circumstances, detects remnants of previous attacks. It will display the malware family and if I remember correctly, a brief description what this malware is all about.

If you cancel this scan, scanning at a later stage won’t detect these remnants.
Is this like Kaspersky scan when installing or Kaspersky just do normal scan?
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top