Mr Robot: TV Series Poll / Fan Thread

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
As the "Space Bar" has threads dedicated to excellent TV shows such as...
The Walking Dead:Talking Dead! By @exterminator20
The Blacklist:Being in The Blacklist By @Umbra
I decided that "Mr Robot" would be an equally deserving addition to this list..

Please do not include spoilers for episodes that some MT members may not have yet seen

As well as a poll, it would be great for MT members to share their views /appreciation for Mr Robot on this thread..

See also:
What businesses can learn about cybersecurity from season one of Mr. Robot By @SpartacusSystem
Kaspersky researchers love “Mr. Robot” hacker but claim no Snowden ties By @omidomi

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
It is pretty obvious that I am a fan, or I would not have created the thread :D

Below I have created a "cryptic" appreciation of the episodes of Season 2 so far..and have tried to keep them spoiler free with regards to the plot..

• S2-E1..So much thought & Research..Having Elliot use "back-slanted" handwriting to denote that he is emotionally guarded..GENIUS
  • S2-E1-Pt 2: Wow! 10/10...Incredible Episode ..Gripping,Intelligent,profound.. When the question "Is One part of the problem,or part of the solution?" echoes & resonates in both ones Mind & Chest,then to abstain is not an option for long...the fire cannot be extinguished,and will consume it's host from within.
  • S2-Pt 3: 10/10
    A fractured Identity does not entirely prevent One's access to the purest of logic,as indicated by this episodes flawless philosophical analysis of the emotional fragility of the human mind...
    An illogical conclusion remains such,even if it is a conclusion reached by many...
    After all..Pessimism & Optimism are the same,in the sense that they are both delusional distortions of Realism.
  • S2-Pt 4: 10/10
    At the border between the Conscious and Subconscious mind exists a state of hypnagogia..within this state is a bridge,invisible to most.
    To be able to see this bridge is a blessing,but being able to cross it at will brings the possibility of both true enlightenment & mental breakdown........Like RAM & ROM, Conscious & Subconscious are two sides of the same coin..
    A Chess match to determine which will be banished is not a wager akin to that of "The 7th Seal",as unlike Life & Death, Wakefulness & Dreamstate need to co-exist for either to function correctly....so "StaleMate" will be the outcome every time.

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
What Mr. Robot's Rami Malek Really Snorts in Those Morphine Scenes;
From Late Night with Seth Meyers
(DOES NOT CONTAIN PLOT SPOILERS)

NB: For those of us that are not from the US, A stoop is the set of steps leading from the sidewalk or street either to the entrance of a building, or to the porch attached to the building.

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Mr Robot S2-Pt 5: 10/10 (SPOILER FREE)
A Clock is a metaphor not only for the World but also for its inhabitants..
Hands to work,and a face for recognition are,for those that wish to enslave and control humanity,the only features worthy of consideration..
The pendulum swings not simply from "left" to "right",but from "The distraction of consumerism" to "High-Interest debt" and back again..
We are Cogs,..Cogs that are integrated into numerous machines simultaneously...but we have a choice!
If One is a Cog within a mechanism that would distort ones moral compass then one should remove oneself from that machine immediately,as the consequences of doing so will never be as grave as those felt as a result of turning a blind eye to suffering & corruption....
Naivety is down to negligence,and Apathy is as evil as evil itself!

Darlene

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 14, 2015
Spoilers for episode 6

When you realize it is actually an IP address.
kl39YBgl.jpg

Code for hidden jpg's: type apbpapb

More info on reddit

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Spoilers for episode 7

My reaction at the end:
4GOxG53.jpg

Here are some Easter eggs:
racksure
i252.bxjyb2jvda.net
:eek:...My reaction too @Darlene :)
Thank you for your cool posts on this thread ..
..Great to hear that Mr Robot has been renewed for a 3rd Season.
It's Good that TV has at least a few Intelligent shows left,..and that shows appealing to the labotomized majority such as...
"The Real Housewives of...." and "keeping up with the kardashians" do not completely dominate the TV listings.:rolleyes:
Lol ! Nice Idea to make interactions with a real website :)

Will real have to begin to see this TV show :)
It's well worth watching @DardiM :)... IMO there is not much on TV that can compete with this lately...
Although HBO's "The Night Of" is well worth watching...I am a John Turturro fan :)

Darlene

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 14, 2015
Spoilers for episode 8

Really thrilling episode :eek:

A lot of Easter eggs this time :

http://i243.bxjyb2jvda.net/
Type the following commands:

cd sdcard/Android
cat eat.txt
vimeo.com

http://i246.bxjyb2jvda.net/DCIM/---.jpg
QR code
E Coin at E Corp
hioctane 2.0a Benchmarking

If you can access the following email accounts let me know. (also yahoo) :p

Passwords1.PNG

Passwords2.PNG

If you send an email to legal@e-corp-usa.com you get the following answer:

Captdfgure.PNG

and to sub_rosa33@yahoo.com:

email.PNG

Also if you did not play the endgame yet: Understanding the Endgame | Mr. Robot
Tip: Think outside the box

Last edited:

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Started watching it yesterday, went to bed late because of it and now I'm super tired at work! Though it took me less than 12 minutes to fall in love with it. Super accurate, really interesting and there's so many funny moments (at least for me) in it. 10/10 serie.

I completely lost it when Darlene called her boyfriend "Cisco"

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.