Mr. Tech's Security Config v2.0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Mr. Tech : There are totally bunch, you may consider to test time machine snapshots like Rollback RX which should run fine on Windows 7.

Try on an isolated environment those highly maintainable tweaks like Anti-Executable (EXE Radar Pro) or Firewall (Comodo Firewall which you may tweak base on your preferences)

You may try cleaning tools that are considered safe to use like Wise Care and Kerish Doctor (trial version).

;)

M

Mr. Tech

Thread author
@Mr. Tech : There are totally bunch, you may consider to test time machine snapshots like Rollback RX which should run fine on Windows 7.

Try on an isolated environment those highly maintainable tweaks like Anti-Executable (EXE Radar Pro) or Firewall (Comodo Firewall which you may tweak base on your preferences)

You may try cleaning tools that are considered safe to use like Wise Care and Kerish Doctor (trial version).

;)

I've been wanting to try out EXE Radar Pro for awhile now but I don't have enough funds to get it :(

M

Mr. Tech

Thread author
Updated my security config ;)

I didn't make a change log but if you saw it before you will see a lot of changes made :)

M

Mr. Tech

Thread author
I have updated my config, feel free to give any feedback - thoughts - or concerns :)

M

Mr. Tech

Thread author
Change-log (9/11/2015):
Removed Unchecky & MCShield;
Added Voodoo Shield, TeraCopy, Norton Power Eraser, and Soft Organizer;

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
@Mr. Tech

Nice configuration! I noticed you seem to switch your software in and out constantly like I had a bad habit of doing. I used to change Antiviruses multiple times a day, I kid you not.

Now I'm just using Windows built in software (Applocker + Windows Defender & Firewall + Microsoft Edge) and HitmanPro + Malwarebytes for on demand and it has been working like a charm. No need for a crazy fortress and bunch of web blockers.

McShield is sucking up resources and I wouldn't use it. Just configure the options using group policy since you are on the pro version and block autorun on removal devices. I'm on the Education edition so I can really lock Windows down! :]

Since it's all built in stuff they work wonderfully together. :)

M

Mr. Tech

Thread author
@Mr. Tech

Nice configuration! I noticed you seem to switch your software in and out constantly like I had a bad habit of doing. I used to change Antiviruses multiple times a day, I kid you not.

Now I'm just using Windows built in software (Applocker + Windows Defender & Firewall + Microsoft Edge) and HitmanPro + Malwarebytes for on demand and it has been working like a charm. No need for a crazy fortress and bunch of web blockers.

McShield is sucking up resources and I wouldn't use it. Just configure the options using group policy since you are on the pro version and block autorun on removal devices. I'm on the Education edition so I can really lock Windows down! :]

Since it's all built in stuff they work wonderfully together. :)

I don't have a bunch of web blockers... and I do not switch my software frantically as most people think, sure I test out other software to see if I like it or not but I have only had 3 AV's within this year as a total, I recently switched to Comodo as I have heard good things about it and I'll most likely keep it as that because it has everything I have been looking for :)

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
@Mr. Tech

I see, I will be most likely keeping mine as it is too because I just started work and won't have much time to play around. I used to switch AVs more than 3 times a day :D

Applocker is perfect for me and most times I'll be on here on my phone or iPad since I'm not home that much now! But yes Comodo is a powerful suite but I just prefer the built in Windows features. It means WAY mess BSOD's ;)

M

Mr. Tech

Thread author
I have changed a few things yet again, I think it's the perfect config for me now :)