Mr.X Security Config

Windows Edition
Enterprise
Security updates
Block all updates
User Access Control
Never notify (disabled)
Real-time security
Sandboxie, AppGuard, Exe Radar Pro, MBAE, FIDES/Pumpernickel, WFC, Shadow Defender
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana Antimalware, Emsisoft Antimalware
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Chrome, Slimjet, Vivaldi, IDM, Periscope downloader, Context Search, X-Notifier
Maintenance tools
ccleaner
File and Photo backup
Jottacloud, Dropbox, SyncBackFree
System recovery
Image for Linux (the best one)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Very understandable configuration, you may add like VoodoShield or NoVirusThanks Exe Radar Pro (anti-exe) as another layer of protection. (It can be optional though for this suggestion ;) )

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
lol That's why I'm to get an A/V license here...
You can easily get by with a Free AV or even Microsoft Windows Defender in 8.1.
A few to consider: FortinetClient (endpoint protection), Avast Antivirusfree, AVG Antivirus free, Panda Cloud Antivirus free, Comodo Internet Security.

Those are just some examples of free solutions.

sid_16

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
You skipped installing an antivirus product. May we know why did you decide not to add a real time protection except Appguard and Sandboxie?

By the way, thanks for sharing your security configuration. :)

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Salutations,

Most realtime AV's conflict with Sandboxie. Accept for few, maybe Eset in which, I heard does not conflict with Sandboxie.
Or Zemana AntiMalware 2 Beta!

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thanks for sharing your configuration Mr.X. I've only heard excellent things about appguard.
As to the warning our member/friend, Moose, mentioned about AV compatibility, I can confirm both ESET & AVAST! allow funtionality with Sandboxie.;):)

For winning an AV key, you've certainly come to the right place. I'd used Avira free to protect our old XP system before retiring it in dry dock, and it worked fine alongside Sandboxie. In fact, unless you've already entered, follow me now to win one of 15 keys for Avira Pro 2015!:D You'll find it's link near the top of the page.:)

Last edited:

Mr.X

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 2, 2014
Thanks for sharing your configuration Mr.X. I've only heard excellent things about appguard.
As to the warning our member/friend, Moose, mentioned about AV compatibility, I can confirm both ESET & AVAST! allow funtionality with Sandboxie.;):)

For winning an AV key, you've certainly come to the right place. I'd used Avira free to protect our old XP system before it retiring it in dry dock, and it worked fine alongside Sandboxie. In fact, unless you've already entered, follow me now to win one of 15 keys for Avira Pro 2015!:D You'll find it's link near the top of the page.:)
Look, I did it yesterday already lol
http://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-antivirus-pro-2015.41070/page-2#post-338119
Much thanks.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I agree with the suggestions made by the members and i also have one to make.
Add a password manager like LastPass which is free to secure your passwords when you are online.
Thanks for sharing your config:).

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Adding Malwarebytes Anti-Malware as another on demand scanner is always good. Keep Anti-Exploit great product too. :D

M

Mihir :-)

User Access Control:Disabled
OS App Reputation:Disabled (Smartscreen / Gatekeeper)
Enable those two basic and you will good to go.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Enable UAC, Updates and SmartScreen and that configuration will be amazing! :)
Thanks for sharing.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.