PCGamer

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
Consider adding backups!
Overall Its Decent Setup
But I see you have got recently some malware attacks
How Is that happend will you like to share?
And consider adding more strong AV Beacuse Windows defender Its Just Wont protect you any good.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
As @PCGamer suggested add a backup solution, both Macrium Reflect and Aomei Backupper both have a free and reliable version. ;)

Maybe ana additional on demand scanner like Zemana Antimalware free or Emsisoft Emergency Kit. Again both are free for you to use. :)

PCGamer

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
As @PCGamer suggested add a backup solution, both Macrium Reflect and Aomei Backupper both have a free and reliable version. ;)

Maybe ana additional on demand scanner like Zemana Antimalware free or Emsisoft Emergency Kit. Again both are free for you to use. :)
@frogboy
As Additional to what frogboy suggeted
I recommend you to Use Avast Free If you want the Free AV Soultion + Tweak Avast Free + Add Zemana Antimalware or Emsisoft Emergency Kit As frogboy said
If you want the paid AV Soultion go for Emsisoft Internet Security Its all around Solid product
Its all up to you In your needs and If you have money currently to spend on AV.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Consider adding backups!
Overall Its Decent Setup
But I see you have got recently some malware attacks
How Is that happend will you like to share?
And consider adding more strong AV Beacuse Windows defender Its Just Wont protect you any good.

Wasn't that serious malware attack just a basic virus from an old DVD while i was checking out some old content in all the dvd i am having.
& There is no need to for any other AV, Windows Defender has developed in the past few years since the the release of Windows 10 &

The main source of malware is through internet or some external media, I barely attach any external media so the only source of malware is Internet & In defense for that i am using a quite a extension in my chrome for protecting my system.

WOT - Web of Trust is quite helpful and now even avast. Common sense is the best way to protect yourself but still you need some tools to help you out. Phishing is something i fear so that why i am using quite a extension for that.

First of all thank you for the suggestion & yeah i forgot to mention that i do have USB Toolkit which have a quite of tools i use in case if i got hit by a malware. Emsisoft Emergency Kit is one of the best On Demand Scanner out there.

I really don't feel the need to backup my system because i barely work of document or save any personal images on my laptop which i need to protect from crashes, I upload all my photos on my Google Drive(Unlimited Storage by Google) & I use to save some videos earlier from youtube but now i am having a quite fast internet connection so i watch all media related content online & getting onto software setup,
There are always new version every month so backing up the old version isn't quite meaningful.

PCGamer

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
Wasn't that serious malware attack just a basic virus from an old DVD while i was checking out some old content in all the dvd i am having.
& There is no need to for any other AV, Windows Defender has developed in the past few years since the the release of Windows 10 &

The main source of malware is through internet or some external media, I barely attach any external media so the only source of malware is Internet & In defense for that i am using a quite a extension in my chrome for protecting my system.

WOT - Web of Trust is quite helpful and now even avast. Common sense is the best way to protect yourself but still you need some tools to help you out. Phishing is something i fear so that why i am using quite a extension for that.

First of all thank you for the suggestion & yeah i forgot to mention that i do have USB Toolkit which have a quite of tools i use in case if i got hit by a malware. Emsisoft Emergency Kit is one of the best On Demand Scanner out there.

I really don't feel the need to backup my system because i barely work of document or save any personal images on my laptop which i need to protect from crashes, I upload all my photos on my Google Drive(Unlimited Storage by Google) & I use to save some videos earlier from youtube but now i am having a quite fast internet connection so i watch all media related content online & getting onto software setup,
There are always new version every month so backing up the old version isn't quite meaningful.

Okay, If you dont feel the need for an AV other then Windows Defender and you dont feel the need for Backups
So you are good to go and you system Is Secure! :)

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.