Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
MSI Live Update 5 (Help files & Screenshots).
http://www.msi.com/page/Live-Update-5-Manual

Live Update 5 is a powerful update tool with user-friendly interface, provides an automatic scan and download for your MSI products. Using this service to keep your system in the most updated environment.

Live Update 5 supports the following MSI product lines and items:
  • Mainboards: Drivers/BIOS/Utilities;
  • Graphics Cards: Drivers/BIOS

Direct download:
Code:
http://download.msi.com/uti_exe/LiveUpdate.zip

Automatic Scan will detect and show any out-dated drivers for your MSI desktop. A manual option is available, and you can view changelogs or download/install.

upload_2014-4-6_14-18-47.png

This is for the MSI (Micro-Star International) product line of desktops.

Enjoy! :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: BoraMurdar

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
No, it's meant for MSI desktop computers.

DISCLAIMER:
Live Update 5 utility is only intended for MSI Desktop PC related products (motherboards and graphics cards) usage. This utility doesn’t support any MSI Notebook (NB and Tablet PC) or AIO product, while installed might experience unexpected errors. If it happens that you have installed Live Update 5 on your Notebook or AIO system, please uninstall it then perform system restart.
Live Update 5 is a powerful update tool with user-friendly​

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
No, not mine. The site didn't have the disclaimer when I visited, but have now uninstalled and performed a system restore.

Reactions: Koroke San

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
I have an MSI board and really don't care for Live Update. There was a recent Ethernet Driver update that LU missed. As for a BIOS update- MSI has a number of ways to update the BIOS and all of them have a decent failure rate, so much so that MSI doesn't encourage their use. Fortunately there is a site, MSI Forum HQ, which developed another method that actually works.

I do like MSI's other utility, Command Center.

Reactions: Koroke San
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.