msiexec.exe, netdde.exe viruses

kartik1955

Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2013
Yes, the CD is bootable. BIOS was also set correctly. Earlier also under the instructions from Tomsguide.com, I did all sorts of trials with BIOS. They also thought perhaps I was making some mistakes while modifying the BIOS. Finally, CMOS was cleared twice (first by removing the battery and again through jumpers). Then in BIOS only boot order was modified leaving rest of the settings intact. In the welcome screen, along with option to set BIOS, there is another option available to go to the boot menu. In that menu also there is booting option available. But all these things did not help in booting successfully from CD. Since while booting, it used to halt after two continuous beeps, they told me that the problem could be in memory or graphic card. We attempted to check the memory through memtest. The checking was however not successful. But after formatting and OS installation, all these doubts were gone.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.