Multiple Chrome.exe instances in Task Manager Processes

Alevvio

Thread author
Aug 25, 2017
Hello,

I have been facing this Chrome.exe issues for quite a long time. Even had them before my PC format.

Can someone help me? I tried scanning the PC with AVAST and MalwareBytes but nothing happened. I am running a Windows 7 64 bit version.

My computer is running slow and also Chrome browser has lately been facing issues with AVAST.

Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    78.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Addition.txt
    27.9 KB · Views: 1

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Hello,

I have been facing this Chrome.exe issues for quite a long time. Even had them before my PC format.

Can someone help me? I tried scanning the PC with AVAST and MalwareBytes but nothing happened. I am running a Windows 7 64 bit version.

My computer is running slow and also Chrome browser has lately been facing issues with AVAST.

Any help appreciated.
It is totally normal for Chrome to run multiple processes. That is how the browser is designed.
Chrome can run 10 or more processes, depending on how many extensions you have and how many windows are open etc.

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.