-Daily Filter Updates
    -Cheap License
    -Friendly Customer Support
CONS
-Assistant Doesn't Always Show Up
-Slows down web browsing (a little bit)
-Lack of Parental Control Configuration
BOTTOM LINE
After reading negative reviews on Admuncher, I wanted to try something else that had the abilities of Admuncher minus the bad stuff. Adguard was the answer: it was cheaper than Admuncher, and had more features! It also supports HTTPS, a big milestone that no other application-based ad blocker achieved yet. I've also yet to see a page that Adguard doesn't filter. Browsing Security is excellent. blocked over 90% of my malware sites. Parental Control is also very flexible, but doesn't have enough configurations. Definitely give Adguard a try!

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Adguard is amazing, it does much more than AdMuncher and has steady develompment.

Malware filter seems to be very good as you said, in my opinion it is better than some anti malwares on the market.

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
I agree with your brief test :)
Great addition to anyone's layered protection.

Reactions: Moose

From ADGuard
Verified
Developer
May 23, 2014
You can use adwcleaner with adgaurd, work very well.;)

AdwCleaner is really great software.
Nowadays our support is swamped with complaints on different adware/malware injecting ads or replacing the homepage.

It has some disadvantages though. I wish it was a bit more "gentle" while removing adware.

Reactions: Moose and Malware1
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.