Solved My Chrome is sometimes redirecting to yahoo or blank

arnabjan93

Thread author
Sep 15, 2017
Whenever I run a google search on chrome, it momentarily shows result and then either directs to yahoo , or to a page with a long url, which is blank, tried everything, from reinstalling to changing host file, hitmanpro and adwcleaner, nothing is working. I cannot post the link here due to some issue.

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    144.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Addition.txt
    68.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

arnabjan93

Thread author
Sep 15, 2017
Whenever I run a google search on chrome, it momentarily shows result and then either directs to yahoo , or to a page with a long url, which is blank, tried everything, from reinstalling to changing host file, hitmanpro and adwcleaner, nothing is working. I cannot post the link here due to some issue.
temporarily solved by resetting chrome. Some go search ro type of malware, but was not showing in home page settings or in programs/extensions. Don't know where it was hiding.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.