my computer attacked by randsomware by online ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahesh86

Thread author
Apr 9, 2021
Error: No key for New Variant online ID: z2dNJHum0VbBl5aE7YEc8sXb9NMaLZd9Rzuypdrl
Notice: this ID appears to be an online ID, decryption is impossible

can u send decryptor

my mail - mahesh86026@gmail.com

Reactions: Nevi

struppigel

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Apr 9, 2020
Hello mahesh86,

I am Karsten and will help you with any malware-related problems.

It is true, your ID appears to be an online encryption ID.

These are your options without a backup:

1) Recovery: In rare cases ransomware fails to delete shadow volume copies or fails to delete the original files properly. You can try to recover files via shadow volume copies and file recovery software.
2) Repair: Certain file types, mainly video and audio files, can possibly be repaired with tools like MediaRepair. But these files will loose some data.
3) Wait: Backup encrypted files and a ransom note and wait in case a solution comes up later. Maybe law enforcement gets hands on the keys or the criminals publish the keys as it happened with, e.g., GandCrab. I suggest reading the news on this. Emsisoft will update their decrypter if that happens.
4) Pay: There is the option of paying the criminals, but we highly recommend against this step. You will just fund later attacks. You may also pay without getting your files back. These are criminals and as such not trustworthy.

Please let me know if you need help with any of the steps in 1) or 2). I will provide instructions for you.

jerrie

May 6, 2021
Hi I have the same issue can not decrypt my files since i dont have the online key

struppigel

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Apr 9, 2020
Files encrypted by STOP ransomware with an online key cannot be decrypted.
If you still need/want assistance, please open your own thread, so things don't get confused.

Reactions: tipo
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.