my config

DaZa9

Level 8
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
I'd recommend HitmanPro and/or Malwarebytes as on-demand scanner(s).

shintaro

Thread author
Verified
Jan 26, 2014
I'd recommend HitmanPro and/or Malwarebytes as on-demand scanner(s).
hi daZa9 thanks for your posting
many people say hitman have a false detections is that true ?
i like malwarebytes its good and no slow pc

MalwareDetective

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 16, 2013
hi daZa9 thanks for your posting
many people say hitman have a false detections is that true ?
i like malwarebytes its good and no slow pc
As far as I know it's not true. I'm using it for a while and I didn't see ever a false positive.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
hi malware detective thanks for your reply
what is different between hitman and malware byte ?

Both are on demand scanner but malwarebytes pro offer realtime protection. The difference is malwarebytes scanner use signature-based detection & hitman use cloud based detection. You can run malwarebytes alongside with your AV as second layer of defense but Hitman is only for scan. You can try Hitman trial for 30 days & u can have malwarebytes free version. Both are good at detection.

MalwareDetective

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 16, 2013
hi malware detective thanks for your reply
what is different between hitman and malware byte ?

There are both really good. Hitman pro is based on Behavioural scan and using an clous scan with 2 or 3 anti virus engines (I think its emsisoft, bitdefender and kasperskey). Malwarebytes is based on offline database. In my experience hitman pro is better for ransomware and big viruses and malwarebytes is better for spywares, pup's...

Reactions: shintaro

shintaro

Thread author
Verified
Jan 26, 2014
There are both really good. Hitman pro is based on Behavioural scan and using an clous scan with 2 or 3 anti virus engines (I think its emsisoft, bitdefender and kasperskey). Malwarebytes is based on offline database. In my experience hitman pro is better for ransomware and big viruses and malwarebytes is better for spywares, pup's...
thanks malware detective
is hitman compatibility with a av software such as kaspersky or other av software ?

Reactions: MalwareDetective
I

illumination

I personally have Mbam and Hitman Pro both as on-demand on my system. Hitman Pro i have licensed, it is set up to scan on start up of system, and also included in right click context menu for scanning individual files/folders.

I also agree, you should turn the UAC back on.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.