Browser(s) and extensions
Adguard etc.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I would like to suggest a backup solution such as Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper both have avery reliable and free version. ;)

If you do not have a portable HDD you could give Aomei One Key a try it will even help to partition you r disk for you. :)

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Uninstall Iobit Advanced SystemCare Pro.

Install Malwarebytes Anti Malware Free and Emsisoft Emergency Kit as on demand scanners.

Install CCleaner for junks, cookies, caches, and files cleaner.

Other than that, it's pretty good configuration.

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
Nice & simple config. You are covered.

Also, you can never go wrong on on-demand scanners, no one security pack is enough. And there are all sorts of options available for it.
I don't think you need a full time back-up software as you don't play with malwares & phishing sites.

Overall, Super!!

Reactions: DracusNarcrym
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

I would like to suggest a backup solution such as Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper both have avery reliable and free version. ;)

i approved this too

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Very nice overall config.

Like suggested by other members in this thread, I would recommend you have a system image of a known good state of your system, so that you can use it to restore that exact state in case of a software malfunction or malware infection. System restore points seem functional, however it is not guaranteed that they will restore your system after a more generalized malfunction.
The following pieces of software are reliable, free, and suitable for this purpose:

Other than that, you're good to go. Thanks for sharing your config with us! :p

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Restore points are fine enough however in the case of virus attacks, usually they are been easily to corrupt and delete your checkpoints. So better consider system image which can be done by third party program or built in feature on Windows. You need a handy External HDD to accumulate the overall image.

I see you are using Iobit SystemCare however some features are tend to be controversial due to effectiveness that resulted on unstable stages whereas CCleaner or Privazer didn't shown any complication so far after the cleaning process.

Consider a backup browser just in case there's something wrong happen.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Consider some type of backup solution as already suggested.
Consider adding some on demand scanners.
Personally I would go with CCleaner in favor of ASC Pro as it is more than enough.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Perhaps you are confused have you seen or Heard of Windows Smart Screen aka OS Security Filter. Malwarebytes Anti Exploit is realtime protection while Anti-Malware is scanner and or protection. Doing backups is recommended also add another On Demand Scanner like Zemana Anti-Malware to your config.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Windows Smart Screen (aka OS Security Filter.) is stated as off; did you disabled it? if yes , for which reason?

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Windows Smartscreen doesn't collect users data. It's an implementation from Internet Explorer to Windows Desktop to protect users from newly released software with a low reputation. Although it can cause some False Positives, it does provide an extra layer of protection.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.