computerhe.jpg

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Yeah...I am trying next to install a new fan in the computer because I only have one fan on the CPU and 2 in the power supply....so I need one more

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Every PSU has fans. You need an 80mm intake and exhaust. If you can make an 80mm blow hole. High temps will prematurely fail your HDD. At least open up the side of your case.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
yeah...ok...could i get just a stand upright fan for now? this is untill I get a another fan put in

jamescv7 said:
Not bad yours is 2GB of ram while mine is 1GB.
Yeah...I am hoping to get a two 4GB sticks

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
well at the moment I don't have enough money .....so when i do ...i probs should upgrade:p

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
As Dman stated you want to improve the airflow, intake and exhaust pretty much balanced and if at all possible using a 120 or 140mm fan as this will keep the noise down while providing enough airflow to keep your components cool and prolong their life. You mentioned money but if it is at all possible you may be best replacing the case with a newer type that uses high CFM (larger) fans with lower dBA (noise) emitted.

Take a look over here for some tips you might find useful that will assist you in making the best choices: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42853

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Wonder why its received an error its supposed to show even a CD or DVD as optical device

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Wonder why its received an error its supposed to show even a CD or DVD as optical device

Very easy james................Speccy gets its info from the device manager. So most likely there is an error there.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
jamescv7 said:

Nah...I just disabled them and forgot to enable them for speccy :p....as for what you said Tweak...I might do that thanks for the tip :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.