My Daughters CV

D

Deleted member 21043

Yes and no. She has a laptop but the general rule is she doesn't do any malware analysis on it and such, so she just uses it for games.

It's technically my laptop but she pretty much owns it ;)
When I was her age I was getting the viruses... All sorts... Keyloggers, rootkits, trojans, malware, phising scams... Not analyzing them and cleaning them... That's pretty impressive. (Accidentally, I don't know... I just always ended up getting infected. Aha).

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 21043

My daughter, now officially a member of the Avast Team :D

tweet.png
... I wish I could get a job at Avast. Even voluntary I'd be happy with. I would want to keep developing my apps and my Antivirus but if they let me join their Avast team and help finding and analyse malware, teach me things it would be amazing. I know it will however, never happen xD

EDIT: Don't need them, I already know how they do things now anyway... Maybe I surpassed some of their engineers. They make self-defence with a driver with a callback to ObRegisterCallback. :D

As for your daughter, Lucy, she has the master (you) to learn from. :)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
... I wish I could get a job at Avast. Even voluntary I'd be happy with. I would want to keep developing my apps and my Antivirus but if they let me join their Avast team and help finding and analyse malware, teach me things it would be amazing. I know it will however, never happen xD

kram.., you should pursue your desires however the odds may seem stacked.:) As I'm oft to say, "Never is an awfully long time.":oops:
..but, if you weren't to get a response from Avast right away, I just know that if any of us were to submit a CV even half as adorable as Lucy's we might hear something back!:D Prerequisite
  1. You must love the colour orange
  2. ..and there might be just one little (age 10):rolleyes: obstacle I can think of.:p;)
*On a serious note, you should put yourself out there. Every good company needs good people!:cool:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21043

kram.., you should pursue your desires however the odds may seem stacked.:) As I'm oft to say, "Never is an awfully long time.":oops:
..but, if you weren't to get a response from Avast right away, I just know that if any of us were to submit a CV even half as adorable as Lucy's we might hear something back!:D Prerequisite
  1. You must love the colour orange
  2. ..and there might be just one little (age 10):rolleyes: obstacle I can think of.:p;)
*On a serious note, you should put yourself out there. Every good company needs good people!:cool:
Call me mark... See what I did there... Kram backwards = my name :D
Anyway, yeah you're right. I see what you mean. :)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Call me mark... See what I did there... Kram backwards = my name :D
Anyway, yeah your right. I see what you mean.
That's brilliant!:) You're Hired!!:D ..but,:eek: for a single moment, I wondered if you could be my brother-in-law whom has the same name.:p ..but upon further thought, that's an impossibility since he stays up all night,:confused: and is sleeping now!;):cool:
Nice ! :p
But, bad choice, Avast :mad: *jealous :rolleyes:*

She will be a super malware killer like you Cowpipe ;) :cool:

Agreed.
As her father before her, Miss Lucy shall also be given exclusive entry rights to MalwareTips Hall of Justice, high atop Mount Olympus, and her Mum will be attaching the identifying Super Malware Destroyers' emblems (striking fear in all Trojans, Key loggers, & Ransom-ware) affixed to her indestructible flight suit!:):) ;)

Cowpipe

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
I only just noticed the rest of this thread, thank you all, it's really made me smile to read through :)

Just wanted to share this little blog post I spotted too:
https://blog.avast.com/2014/06/30/community-stories-10-year-old-lucy-sent-her-cv-to-avast/

I told Lucy she was now officially a member of the AVAST Team when she came back from school this morning. After she'd stopped smiling and caught a breath she was pestering me as ever to analyse some more viruses :p We ran a couple of samples and of course, it was Lucy who beat me to identifying some strange behaviour in wireshark. She's so proud of herself, she's been impressing all her friends, telling them she's fighting viruses for AVAST and she has insisted I get her an AVAST T-Shirt so she can "wear the uniform" :p Off to the T-Shirt printers tomorrow it is :)

She was too shy for a photo but she seems to have her heart set on writing her first virus analysis report and sending it to the AVAST Labs ;)

So just wanted to say thank you to everyone here who's been so kind, and a special thank you to AVAST, who's terrifically kind gesture has made my little girl very, very happy :D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21043

She drew it out, I scanned it in for her and then let her loose with the paint brush tool on GIMP on a semi-transparent setting :p
That's even better - she's better than me at GIMP...

I only just noticed the rest of this thread, thank you all, it's really made me smile to read through :)

Just wanted to share this little blog post I spotted too:
https://blog.avast.com/2014/06/30/community-stories-10-year-old-lucy-sent-her-cv-to-avast/

I told Lucy she was now officially a member of the AVAST Team when she came back from school this morning. After she'd stopped smiling and caught a breath she was pestering me as ever to analyse some more viruses :p We ran a couple of samples and of course, it was Lucy who beat me to identifying some strange behaviour in wireshark. She's so proud of herself, she's been impressing all her friends, telling them she's fighting viruses for AVAST and she has insisted I get her an AVAST T-Shirt so she can "wear the uniform" :p Off to the T-Shirt printers tomorrow it is :)

She was too shy for a photo but she seems to have her heart set on writing her first virus analysis report and sending it to the AVAST Labs ;)

So just wanted to say thank you to everyone here who's been so kind, and a special thank you to AVAST, who's terrifically kind gesture has made my little girl very, very happy :D
:)

D

Deleted member 21043

First day after the comment from Avast:

Exploits the self-defence, real-time, HIPS and DeepScreen, and analyzes and adds more than 200 samples to the virus definition database in just a few hours :D :)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
We didn't have any crayons so I suggested we could "digitally paint" it instead, I showed her how to use the paint brush (change the colour, size, transparency etc) and away she went :p

Its a cute idea and drawing, which ever method worked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.