Waiting for reply My files were locked by ransomware (.Lock)

This thread is waiting for a member reply to continue
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarita332

Thread author
Aug 8, 2021
I opened an exe which blocked most of my personal files, not all because I closed it and started the computer quickly in safe mode to try to undo the damage, I can not decrypt the files and folders that had information I could not recover none of them. I am only interested in recovering photos from a folder which was locked, and now only weighs 300kb and cannot be opened. I tried with MalwareBytes and Stellar Tolkit for Data recovery and I could not recover folder information, only randomly locked files like images on the desktop which most of them were recovered corrupted.

Please help me to recover my pics :(

Reactions: Nevi

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hello, Welcome to MalwareTips..! :)

Navigate to this topic:

Tell me the result...!

Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system, download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, and that will be the right version.

• Right-click FRST.exe/FRST64.exe then click "Run as administrator"
  • When the tool opens, click Yes to the disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • When finished, it will produce logs called FRST.txt and Addition.txt in the same directory the tool was run from.
  • Please copy and paste the logs in your next reply.
---------------------------------------------------

In your next reply, please include:
  • FRST.txt
  • Addition.txt

Reactions: Nevi and Mercenary

Sarita332

Thread author
Aug 8, 2021
This was the ransomware that was identified by the page

Attachments

• 312312312.png
    312312312.png
    13 KB · Views: 15
  • FRST.txt
    97.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Addition.txt
    35.7 KB · Views: 8

Sarita332

Thread author
Aug 8, 2021
Also restore the system, but only recover some folders. And download a decryption software from the page where i checked what it was but it didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.