BSOD

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 29, 2012
Bought in 2008 for around ~$1,150

9IWkP.png

TRDN9.png

I was 15 and I didn't know much about specs or technical stuff. My dad bought it for me, heh. I needed it for school.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Doesn't look that bad. Not really good with those ATI graphic cards but is that a good one to game on?

BSOD

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 29, 2012
McLovin said:
Doesn't look that bad. Not really good with those ATI graphic cards but is that a good one to game on?

Heh, remember I told you about how my GC heats up and the computer shuts down when running graphic heavy games. It has stopped me from gaming all these years. The best I could play was:

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2011
Torchlight II
All Age of Empires, Rise of Nations
Counter Strike

You get the idea...

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
BSOD said:
Heh, remember I told you about how my GC heats up and the computer shuts down when running graphic heavy games. It has stopped me from gaming all these years. The best I could play was:

Torchlight II
Counter Strike

You get the idea...

Ahh yeah, that's right. Did you end up getting a cooling pad?

BSOD

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 29, 2012
McLovin said:
Ahh yeah, that's right. Did you end up getting a cooling pad?

Nah, I thought about how I don't even game that much since I am in college and it takes most of my time. Plus, I am not sure if they'd make a lot of difference.

P

Plexx

TL2 fan?

If so we gotta hook up sometime.

That graphics card plays pc ports just fine since most games ported from consoles are using outdated engines so newer graphics cards are just icing on the cake.

There will be intensive usage games you wont be able to run unless on lower graphics but those are a small handful.

Plus, there are a hell of a good selection of indy games since last year.

Oh and a side note if you like TL2, then you might wanna check out Path of Exile

BSOD

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 29, 2012
Biozfear said:
TL2 fan?

If so we gotta hook up sometime.

That graphics card plays pc ports just fine since most games ported from consoles are using outdated engines so newer graphics cards are just icing on the cake.

There will be intensive usage games you wont be able to run unless on lower graphics but those are a small handful.

Plus, there are a hell of a good selection of indy games since last year.

Oh and a side note if you like TL2, then you might wanna check out Path of Exile

Oh man, I absolutely loved TLII. It was so much better than Diablo III. Played it with Outlander first and then the Embermage. :)

Thanks, I'll check it out.

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
BSOD said:
McLovin said:

Torchlight II
Counter Strike

You get the idea...

is the mobo temperature normal for your laptop??
i m on a desktop and my mobo temp is around 17

i think during heavy gaming your computer is shutting down becoz of CPU over heating, i too have core to duo and its max temp for auto shut down is 65, and 10-15 i guess is quite normal for cpu to go to during heavy gaming.

Try servicing if you haven't for long, it might perform much better ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.