Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The title says at all. So hopefully everyone will found it useful.

1) md5.my-addr.com
online md5 file hash generator tool

2) MD5summer

3) MD5 Checksum Tool

4) FastSum Tool

5) MD5sums by PC-Tools.net

6) Microsoft File Checksum Integrity Verifier

7) WinMD5Free

8) Md5Checker

9) For Linux GtkHask

10. Exactfile

11. Checksum

12. HashTab

March 30, 2012 (4 tools added)

13. SlavaSoft FSUM

14. MD5 by FourMilab

15. MD5 for Mac OS

16. Checksumtool

Updated April 7, 2012 (1 Tool added)

17. MD5 Hash generator by online-converter.com

Updated April 5, 2013 (5 tools Added)

18. MD5 Online

19. MD5 Hash by Digital Volcano

20. Checksum by Defuse

21. I-Tools

22. TextSum

April 6, 2013
23. Hashcheck

April 11, 2013

24. Marxio FCV Softpedia Link

May 19, 2013

25. Smart File Advisor

P.S: Feel free to post other MD5 File Checksum Tools.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
#12 HashTab, is definitely my favorite. It's by far the simplest. Mindlessly easy to use, and I've yet to encounter a hash that it doesn't support. After finding that one, I haven't used anything else. :)

If someone hasn't tried it yet, give it a go. It incorporates with the Windows shell, so all you need to do to compare a file hash is to right-click on the file, select properties, then go to the File Hashes tab. It will even automatically import from the clipboard, so while a file is downloading, you can copy the hash. Then when the download is complete, go to File Hashes, and it will compare the hash with that in the clipboard. Can't get much easier than that!

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
I will share another two here:
Hash Tool: http://www.askvg.com/hash-tool-free-portable-utility-to-calculate-and-verify-hash-codes/
Hash Reporter: http://www.askvg.com/hash-reporter-yet-another-freeware-to-calculate-and-verify-hash-codes/

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What's the purpose of these tools?

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Thread Link

These tool could used for information related to a file, good for investigation and observation purpose.

blues

Level 1
Apr 30, 2011
I've been using Hasher by IgorWare for a few weeks now.

Doesn't require an install and is a small, quick and convenient tool.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Some of my softwares they have the hash verification:

* UVK/right click on the:
process
memory module
service
driver
- and you have direct links toSubmit file MD5 to VirusTotal; also: Search file MD5 in ThreatExpert (you have MD5 and SHA-1).
Also Right click on the process, memory module, service, driver Properties: you have MD5 hash and Submit to VirusTotal button.
With Right click on ADS Alternate Data Stream/Stream Properties: you have SH-256 hash, SHA-1 hash, MD5 hash, and Submit MD5 to VirusTotal button, and Open Log analyzer button.

* HijackThis/Open the Misc Tools Section/Advanced Settings/notch: Calculate MD5/click Back/click Scan.

Thank you!:D

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I use Md5Checker as it was my first program however I will try some of the software on your list...... thank you!

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
March 30, 2012: Added for 4 tools (One for Mac OS X Systems)

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Updated April 7, 2012 (1 Tool added)

The tool was came from Online-Converter.com

smowtion

Apr 5, 2013
I recomand use online md5 tools, You can check MD5 Of file without upload file
this is website http://md5online.info

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Updated April 5, 2013 (5 tools Added)

Note: I've updated this because smowtion suggested another useful MD5 Checksum Tool. ;)

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
I use HashCheck.
http://code.kliu.org/hashcheck/

it's adding tab named Checksums to Properties of all files.

arc_de_triomphe

Level 1
Verified
Jan 2, 2013
Hello:)
I like Marxio FCV(File Checksum Verifier). It is no more developed and its site has disappeared but one can find it on Softpedia HERE (with its review).

It is free, portable(just one exe file), 64-bit compatible, supports 11 hash and checksum algorithms. You can drag and drop your icon's file onto its own, add color to its window, use bold font and escape to close it.
It is customizable and has other features for advanced users.

Give it a try !

Nozdrum

May 18, 2013
I've been using Smart File Advisor for some time and imho it's handy and easy to use: http://www.filefacts.net/sfa.php
You can see the CRC32, MD5 and SHA-1 right clicking any file, this is an example:

1) Right click your file:

bOvAcFB.png

2) Check the checksums:

AKdGIZc.png

It's fast enough, it calculates the checksum algorithms almost instantly, I think it should be in this list.

Nozdrum

May 18, 2013
I've been using Smart File Advisor for some time and imho it's handy and easy to use: www.filefacts.net
You can see the CRC32, MD5 and SHA-1 right clicking any file, this is an example:

1) Right click your file:

bOvAcFB.png

2) Check the checksums:

AKdGIZc.png

It's fast enough, it calculates the checksum algorithms almost instantly, I think it should be in this list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.