My new Dubstep EP... tell me what you think!

Thecookie

Thread author
Jul 17, 2011
Hey guys, I completed a Dubstep EP called "Abstract" using some loops and Audacity 1.3. The download link is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?w98k83hrkqy5ytu

*EDIT: If the Mediafire link doesn't work, here's a link to the EP on SoundCloud (all tracks are downloadable here too): http://soundcloud.com/hand-the-talking-hand/sets/abstract-ep

Tell me what you think after listening to those 3 tracks! It may not be the best you've heard, but I really want your feedback.

Cheers!

Thecookie

Thread author
Jul 17, 2011
You betcha. Kinda sucks. I already finished my second 2-track EP and am starting with the third. Do you want a link to the second one?

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Thecookie said:
Tell me what you think after listening to those 3 tracks! It may not be the best you've heard, but I really want your feedback.

Very repetitive and lots of timing inconsistencies. At times it's like listening to two different songs of different tempos (which do not compliment each other) layered on top of each other.

Thecookie

Thread author
Jul 17, 2011
What track are you referring to? I think you mean "Torture". Myself, I personally hate that track.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I'm sorry but I do not like any of these. Just my honest opinion in the nicest way. Practice doesn't make perfect, But It certainly makes progress.

Thecookie

Thread author
Jul 17, 2011
MrXidus said:
I'm sorry but I do not like any of these. Just my honest opinion in the nicest way. Practice doesn't make perfect, But It certainly makes progress.

It's OK, Xidus. This isn't my favourite EP either, and I'm sure progressing with my music. Thanks for taking the time to listen to the music and give it feedback.

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
I think torture was named quite appropriately. :p But not bad for your age and considering it was done in Audacity.

Thecookie

Thread author
Jul 17, 2011
Actually, when I had just finished editing "Torture" I thought for a name that would suit it appropriately. I couldn't find one so I just named it "Torture" for its deep wobbles and stuff. However later I found another meaning to it. It's my first track, so it really sucks. It's "torture" to the ears. ;)

A little background there.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Like to see people making music, but sorry don't like them.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.