App Review My Old Security Config Tested

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Hi all,

This is my test of my old Security Config:

KIS 2017
ZAL
VoodooShield

A new series?

Yes! Security Configs Tested :)
In this series I will be testing security programs in combination with each other - Security Configurations.

*To get involved:

Leave a comment on Youtube or MalwareTips suggesting a config to test. Here are the requirements:

- Must have 2+ security applications
- Can include up to 3 Internet browser extensions

I will be selecting the best Config from the comments/forums on this video & then I will test that Config.

If your Config doesn't get chosen then please make sure you write the same Config on the next Security Configs Tested video & it may get chosen next time!

There is also another new series I am working on called "MB News" - short for Malware Blocking News :) You will see the first episode very very soon ;)

Thanks for watching hopefully you've enjoyed & I'll see you in the next video :)

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Good but just remember: having a 0/56 detection on VirusTotal doesn't actually mean that the file is safe. It may be really new, so you shouldn't remove them before executing
That is true but it's unlikely that the file is malicious if no one has detected it :)

I propose you this config: Windows defender + VoodooShield. Browser: chrome. Extensions: Avira Browser Safety, Bitdefender trafficlight.
Thank you for the suggestion :D

K

KGBagent47

Thread author
When I check a file on virus total I'm generally looking for a signature from:
1. Kaspersky
2. Bitdefender
3. Avira
4. Symantec
5. ESET

Doesn't mean I ignore the other signatures, but if I see a positive result from those AVs I know the file is bad.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Pleased by your new videos, i will propose other free configurations that should be able to completely protect the system.

For Windows XP (I thought someone may still be running this and be intrested in a config)

Quihoo 360 Total Security cloud only, Avira and BD disabled. (Avira free antivirus should not be longer compatible)
COMODO Firewall (please tweak this product. I have never used it so I don't know good settings, but I guess you can find something in the COMODO section of MT. At least, you should enable auto-sandbox)
Browser extensions: Avira browser safety and BD trafficlight

For Windows 7

Avira free antivirus
VoodooShield or COMODO firewall tweaked
Extensions: same as above

Why I choose Avira? Simply because it has really good signatures and no account should be created to use it. It can reduce a lot COMODO sandbox job

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Thanks & yeah VoodooShield would block any files in appdata.

Here is how a dll file leftover is classed as an infection:

DLL stands for “Dynamic-Link Library”, and is Microsoft’s implementation of the shared library concept in the Microsoft Windows and OS/2 operating systems. They are essentially the same as EXEs, but are named differently for clarity in the linking process. DLL files cannot, however, be directly executed, hence the existence of tools like rundll.exe and rundll32.exe.

DLL files are nothing more than a means for developers to use shared code and data, allowing to upgrade functionalities without the need to re-link or re-compile applications. In other words, DLL files contain code and data that is used by several different applications. A single DLL file can be used by different applications, if they should require it, eliminating the need for multiple copies of the same information.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.