My PC Always Faster without Windows firewall and Defender. Sooo I think this might be best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I believe cloud functionality of avast doesn't require Web Shield, as the sole purpose of Web Shield is to scan Https/http traffic.
If you are referring to CyberCapture, last time I checked it did required Web Shield

CyberCapture
Hi guys, sorry for my silly question, but do you have CC enabled in the settings? And what about the community checkbox? And what about webshield?

All these things are currently required to trigger the CC flow (webshield to spot the download and mark it as being downloaded from a specific url)

Slerion

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2016
Actually i can Verify WD as recource hog .

Specially for a gamer like me its crazy , Wd spikes A LOT of times to 30% cpu usage and allways hovers around 1-15% While other AV like kaspersky , avast , bitdefender and stuff Rarely go above 1% usage and max spike 3%

Reactions: Andy Ful

VeeekTor

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
May 16, 2017
This newest McAfee IS, is much better than the previous year....Intel is doing a fine job.

Reactions: Andy Ful

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
If you are referring to CyberCapture, last time I checked it did required Web Shield.
No, I was talking more like 'Reputation Services' as cloud, also 'CyberCapture' is still not system wide but only for low prevalent downloaded files.
Edit: to make it more clear

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy and ispx
D

Deleted member 65228

That's pretty weird as I use both Windows Firewall and Windows Defender and my system runs pretty fast.
Security product performance depends on many factors and will vary between users. These factors can include but are not limited to: what operations you're performing on your system; the hardware specifications of your system (CPU, memory, hard-drive/SSD, ETC); compatibility between your security product and other running software.

Node

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2017
Security product performance depends on many factors and will vary between users. These factors can include but are not limited to: what operations you're performing on your system; the hardware specifications of your system (CPU, memory, hard-drive/SSD, ETC); compatibility between your security product and other running software.

Absolutely! I tend to work at (what I like to call) moderate usage. I run VMs, play games, run/dev various applications and quite honestly Windows Defender has never impacted my usage.

Reactions: mlnevese

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015

That's why I always say that you should test any security product in your computers and not trust opinions that product x is light/heavy. In my current computers Kaspersky, that many people say is heavy, is extremely light and Eset, who many say is light, causes a noticeable lag while browsing. It in no way means I won't test other products when my current license is over.

D

Deleted member 65228

That's why I always say that you should test any security product in your computers and not trust opinions that product x is light/heavy. In my current computers Kaspersky, that many people say is heavy, is extremely light and Eset, who many say is light, causes a noticeable lag while browsing. It in no way means I won't test other products when my current license is over.
I fully agree with you. Sometimes people think that product X will run super smoothly with no noticeable lags for I/O operations (file system scanning) or network activity (web protection) because someone said it does for them, yet then they are surprised when there's a problem! The best thing to do is use the free 30-day trial to ensure the product works well for you and that you are comfortable with it, and if no trial is available before purchasing then IMO it isn't a good investment to even consider because anything could happen. :)

VeeekTor

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
May 16, 2017
I fully agree with you. Sometimes people think that product X will run super smoothly with no noticeable lags for I/O operations (file system scanning) or network activity (web protection) because someone said it does for them, yet then they are surprised when there's a problem! The best thing to do is use the free 30-day trial to ensure the product works well for you and that you are comfortable with it, and if no trial is available before purchasing then IMO it isn't a good investment to even consider because anything could happen. :)

So True

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
It is, what it is... McAfee is faster for me, much faster, in every way. This includes opening apps, web browsing, and virus scanning. And I used to hate McAfee, I was never a fan, until now. (This year).
McAfee is really fast, you will love it, until you try to get rid of it. I had to use safemode, first time in years, then McAfee removal, otherwise it would refuse to re-install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.