Status
Not open for further replies.

Filip

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 13, 2015
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Slow time to turn on, slow time to turn on after i make a restart, google chrome requires a lot of CPU and Disk use according to task manager, programs require like 10-15 seconds to turn on, etc etc...
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
I did, install a lot of programs, Hard Disk Sentinel ( I did a Surface Test ) everything was fine, chk dsk, start up manager ( very low programs ) i also installed GPU and CPU temperature programs, everything was fine etc etc...
Hello, I have an issue with my PC, it takes slow time to turn on like 1 minute 45 seconds and VERY SLOW TIME after i make a restart while the PC is turned on like 4 minutes and 30 seconds...

I did like almost every possible test and everything was fine and OK.

My PC has a gaming configuration and I bought it in December 2012.

Is it possible cause of the " Driver Updater " program which I bought it in middle 2018 and it updated all of my drivers?

Below are ALL of the Screenshots which I did tests and the results are all perfect.

No virus, no errors, no nothing.

Please help me, regards.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    52.9 KB · Views: 369
  • FRST.txt
    51.2 KB · Views: 356
  • Avira.png
    Avira.png
    230 KB · Views: 370
  • Avira01.png
    Avira01.png
    249.3 KB · Views: 382
  • Avira02.png
    Avira02.png
    236 KB · Views: 378
  • Avira03.png
    Avira03.png
    236 KB · Views: 380
  • AviraFullScan.png
    AviraFullScan.png
    1,020.1 KB · Views: 385
  • Boot.png
    Boot.png
    264.3 KB · Views: 381
  • Chkdsk.png
    Chkdsk.png
    139.2 KB · Views: 387
  • chkdsk01.png
    chkdsk01.png
    144 KB · Views: 377
  • HardDiskSentinel.png
    HardDiskSentinel.png
    177.9 KB · Views: 373
  • HDSentinel.png
    HDSentinel.png
    205.1 KB · Views: 369
  • MyPCstats.png
    MyPCstats.png
    243.3 KB · Views: 378
  • MyPCstats01.png
    MyPCstats01.png
    252.3 KB · Views: 386
  • Startup.png
    Startup.png
    283.1 KB · Views: 385
  • TaskManager.png
    TaskManager.png
    258.9 KB · Views: 394
  • TaskManager01.png
    TaskManager01.png
    277.3 KB · Views: 375
  • TaskManager02.png
    TaskManager02.png
    285.3 KB · Views: 373
  • Temperatures.png
    Temperatures.png
    241.2 KB · Views: 377
  • Temperatures01.png
    Temperatures01.png
    147.6 KB · Views: 381
Reactions: Nevi and Cortex

Filip

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 13, 2015
You have a lot of outdated critical apps, Firefox 77, TeamViewer 15.5.3, Steam 1.0.0.0 (wth?) and multiple versions of JRE, that alone could cause issues. K-Lite from 2012, omg.
Office 2003 + Office 2007, no Nero installed, etc, I suspect cracks and a lot of shady things going on. Either way, that PC needs a lot of love or a complete reinstall to be salvageable.
Are you joking or are you serious?

@Freud2004 told me to remove Nero program!!! Scroll up!!!

Steam is not 1.0.0.0 the my programs panel is not showing the proper versions, idk why, i can open now steam and check the current version if you want, lol.

There are no cracks since every program showed no virus, malware, spyware, adware, trojan etc etc...

Here is a text file from a custom scan ( complete scan ) of rogue killer. @nasdaq Check it out.

Attachments

• ReportRogue01.txt
    5.8 KB · Views: 303
Upvote 0

Filip

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 13, 2015
You have a lot of outdated critical apps, Firefox 77, TeamViewer 15.5.3, Steam 1.0.0.0 (wth?) and multiple versions of JRE, that alone could cause issues. K-Lite from 2012, omg.
Office 2003 + Office 2007, no Nero installed, etc, I suspect cracks and a lot of shady things going on. Either way, that PC needs a lot of love or a complete reinstall to be salvageable.

Dude, K-lite is installed in 2012 !!!

That is when I bought my PC, december 2012, as you can see on the installation date, lmfao.

Reactions: Nevi
Upvote 0

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Do a clean install, you save a lot of time there! Your computer will be brand new and is better than any of the solutions that you look around on the internet and it will save you a lot of time. You won't lose anything on any other drive other than C:/, and the link I shared gives a step by step tutorial on how to do this and how backup your Documents.

This thread lists some of the best free softwares that you can get on your PC, instead of the junk that you have on your system. You can check these programs out after a clean install, or you could use a capable uninstaller like HiBit and then remove all the junk softwares on your PC, and install clean ones here

If you prefer not to do a clean install, which is the best possible solution, you could try the various tools provided with Wise Care 365. (yes including the registry cleaner). I have seen it do wonders on extremely slow systems

Last edited:
Upvote 0

vaccineboy

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2018
People, in some parts of the world, when you buy a new computer from a local shop, the tech guys would ghost it with a bunch of cracked softwares (to provide their customers with an out-of-the-box holistic experience I guess) and may even purposely block those softwares from update to prevent the cracks from becoming ineffective. And they would just go for the authoritative in the fields such as Adobe, Nero, etc. So the customers have no idea there are programs starting up and running freely in the background. This is the case here.

Looking at the screenshots, the problems are right in front of our eyes. Yet we cannot help because from both topics about this same matter, the OP repeatedly either gets defensive or just ignores our advice when it comes to using cleaner/optimizer/uninstaller because his tech guy told him that it's dangerous. The only way to help is to do it ourselves but of course we can't.

Upvote 0

Filip

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 13, 2015
People, in some parts of the world, when you buy a new computer from a local shop, the tech guys would ghost it with a bunch of cracked softwares (to provide their customers with an out-of-the-box holistic experience I guess) and may even purposely block those softwares from update to prevent the cracks from becoming ineffective. And they would just go for the authoritative in the fields such as Adobe, Nero, etc. So the customers have no idea there are programs starting up and running freely in the background. This is the case here.

Looking at the screenshots, the problems are right in front of our eyes. Yet we cannot help because from both topics about this same matter, the OP repeatedly either gets defensive or just ignores our advice when it comes to using cleaner/optimizer/uninstaller because his tech guy told him that it's dangerous. The only way to help is to do it ourselves but of course we can't.
the tech guys would ghost it with a bunch of cracked softwares (to provide their customers with an out-of-the-box holistic experience I guess) and may even purposely block those softwares from update to prevent the cracks from becoming ineffective. And they would just go for the authoritative in the fields such as Adobe, Nero, etc. So the customers have no idea there are programs starting up and running freely in the background.

I agree with you about this one, however THIS IS NOT THE CASE HERE!!!

My computer used to turn on in about 30 seconds in the past and the restart took like 1 minute!!!

So your argument is false.

I have read on Google that using registry cleaner, PC optimizer, Driver Updater and stuff can actually harm your PC and are not recommended!

A question, should i delete my windows temporary files? NO ONE ever mentioned that. :D

Upvote 0

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I have read on Google that using registry cleaner, PC optimizer, Driver Updater and stuff can actually harm your PC and are not recommended!
Try running Wise Care 365, as suggested. Although its registry cleaner has minor issues with false positives, it is highly unlikely to cause any significant issues. Also, you didn't answer my question about what problems updating the drivers caused.

Upvote 0

Filip

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 13, 2015
Try running Wise Care 365, as suggested. Although its registry cleaner has minor issues with false positives, it is highly unlikely to cause any significant issues. Also, you didn't answer my question about what problems updating the drivers caused.

My computer started to turn on slow, like 1 min 30 seconds and the restart which is about 5 minutes!!!

I don't remember exactly it was in 2018, 3 years ago!!!

Also, you didn't answer my quesiton should i delete my windows temporary files? NO ONE ever mentioned that. :D

And should i update my drivers using device manager??

Reactions: mkoundo
Upvote 0

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
My computer started to turn on slow, like 1 min 30 seconds and the restart which is about 5 minutes!!!

Also, you didn't answer my quesiton should i delete my windows temporary files? NO ONE ever mentioned that. :D

And should i update my drivers using device manager??
Why do you expect us to answer your questions when you won't answer ours or take notice of advice given? If you keep ignoring advice, people will stop helping you.

Wise Care 365 will delete temporary files. However, doing so most likely won't have any significant effect on performance. It's safe to do so, so it won't hurt.

You still haven't answered my question regarding what problems you experienced after updating your drivers. As for Device Manager, there are only rare cases when you update drivers from. Windows provides most driver updates via Windows Update and for the most part, if there isn't an update for a device showing in Windows Update, then Device Manager won't find one either.

Upvote 0

Filip

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 13, 2015
Why do you expect us to answer your questions when you won't answer ours or take notice of advice given? If you keep ignoring advice, people will stop helping you.

Wise Care 365 will delete temporary files. However, doing so most likely won't have any significant effect on performance. It's safe to do so, so it won't hurt.

You still haven't answered my question regarding what problems you experienced after updating your drivers. As for Device Manager, there are only rare cases when you update drivers from. Windows provides most driver updates via Windows Update and for the most part, if there isn't an update for a device showing in Windows Update, then Device Manager won't find one either.

I am answering your questions, i just did.

This ^^ Okay so I installed, Wise Care 365 and Wise Registry Cleaner X ( do i run fast scan or deep scan for the reg. cleaner? )

Look what i found in my email. :D
The legendary Driver Updater Pro program back from 2018!!!
As you can see these are the drivers which it updated!!! 1,41 GB of driver updates. :O
It ruined my PC... :(

Attachments

• Drivers2.png
    Drivers2.png
    721 KB · Views: 287
  • Drivers1.png
    Drivers1.png
    723.7 KB · Views: 283
  • Drivers.png
    Drivers.png
    724.6 KB · Views: 289
Upvote 0

robboman

Level 2
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
Mate in all honesty no amount of driver updates or registry cleaners or whatever is gonna fix anything. Get a SSD and install windows on it and you will notice a significant improvement. Besides that there is not much to do.

Upvote 0

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
@Filip You don't need Wise Registry Cleaner, just Wise Care 365 as it includes a registry cleaner. Just click on the Checkup button in Wise Care and when it's done, let it clean everything it wants to. If you still had Driver Booster installed, you would be able to restore the drivers from a backup. Since a lot of drivers were updated there's no easy way to work out what driver caused issues. I suggest you download DriverHub (the free version is all you need), run a scan and post screenshots of what it wants to update. It's possible that it will find an update for the driver which is causing problems. Don't take too much notice of what you've heard about driver update tools. They can be very useful in certain situations like this. However, it's usually best not to update drivers if you aren't experiencing issues with your devices, unless you know how to fix issues that may be caused, like what happened in your case.

I didn't realise in your past comment you were referring to what happened after updating drivers, as you didn't mention it.

Upvote 0

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Mate in all honesty no amount of driver updates or registry cleaners or whatever is gonna fix anything.
Considering that a driver update caused the problem, it's quite possible that updating drivers again may lead to the driver causing issues to be replaced with a more recent version which works fine. A registry cleaner probably won't help, but it's definitely worth trying before doing a clean install and Wise Care does more than just clean the registry.

Upvote 0

robboman

Level 2
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
Considering that a driver update caused the problem, it's quite possible that updating drivers again may lead to the driver causing issues to be replaced with a more recent version which works fine. A registry cleaner probably won't help, but it's definitely worth trying before doing a clean install and Wise Care does more than just clean the registry.

He is speculating his issues are caused by a driver update from a application called 'driver update 2018'. Fact is his PC is 8 years old, and no SSD. It's never going to boot quickly without a SSD. No driver updates are going to fix that ever.

Upvote 0

Filip

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 13, 2015
Brother, i am not 100% sure about that one, but i am like 90% sure that the driver updater screwed up my pc, you know why?

In 2019 my audio driver got screwed and i couldnt listen sounds and stuff, so i went to the guy which i bought the pc and i told him about driver updater he said: " you dont need that, dont ever buy that crap again it will ruin your pcs, you dont need updates of your drivers "
He is speculating his issues are caused by a driver update from a application called 'driver update 2018'. Fact is his PC is 8 years old, and no SSD. It's never going to boot quickly without a SSD. No driver updates are going to fix that ever.

My PC is 8 years old yes.
No SSD, yes.
I also NEVER EVER did a format of my PC in these 8 years!!!

Guys look what Wise Care 365 did to my PC!!! :O :O :O

Tell me in the System Tuneup section, the first 3 screenshots, are those fixes valid and good for my pc?

Thanks.

Attachments

• WiseCare.png
    WiseCare.png
    157.1 KB · Views: 278
  • WiseCare01.png
    WiseCare01.png
    78.2 KB · Views: 269
  • WiseCare02.png
    WiseCare02.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 282
  • WiseCareTotalFix.png
    WiseCareTotalFix.png
    98.3 KB · Views: 276
Reactions: mkoundo
Upvote 0

Filip

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 13, 2015
Bad news everyone, after the clean from Wise Care 365 i did a restart of the PC and the boot time took 5 mins 33 seconds !!!!
The PC case makes a lot of noise and files are opening very slowly, what just happened???

• Sad
Reactions: Venustus
Upvote 0

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
If you look at the screenshots, it's Driver Booster a widely used driver update tool. He said the issues started after updating drivers. His computer has been taking twice as long to reboot as to boot. The reboot times are way too high even for a system with a hard drive.

Reactions: Venustus
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.