My search engine on google chrome keeps changing to an unfamiliar engine called Bar1 New Tab.

Infected operating system
Google Chrome: 88.0.4324.182 (Official Build) (x86_64)
Infected device issues
Google chrome keeps shutting down and reopening with an unfamiliar new tab called Bar1 New Tab.

amanda.lse

Thread author
Feb 23, 2021
Hi, my search engine on google chrome keeps changing to an unfamiliar engine called Bar1 New Tab. I've done everything from deleting the extension to resetting settings and deleting and reinstalling google chrome but this unfamiliar search engine keeps reappearing from time to time and each time it appears all my tabs automatically close. What should I do?

• Wow
Reactions: Venustus

Balrog

Level 6
Verified
May 5, 2015
Hi, i will try to help you. Do the following:

1. Turn off your Mac. Wait at least five minutes before continuing.
2. Turn on the Mac, immediately press Left Shift.
3. Wait until the Desktop loads.
4. Go to www.malwarebytes.com and download the proper installer file.
5. Install and run Malwarebytes for Mac.

Reactions: Venustus

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.