My Specs

Glen

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 13, 2011
Info says it's

Folding @ Home Windows CPU Client
V6.23

That's just the one that it recommended to me. Could you post a link to the one you would like me to download please?

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Glen said:
Info says it's

Folding @ Home Windows CPU Client
V6.23

That's just the one that it recommended to me. Could you post a link to the one you would like me to download please?

https://fah-web.stanford.edu/file-releases/beta/release/fahclient/windows-xp-32bit/v7.1/fahclient_7.1.38_Windows-XP-32bit-release.exe

Glen

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 13, 2011
Thanks for all the positive comments guys, This is the first computer I've built myself. :)

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
What are your benchmarks? What's your FSB? What are your ram timing set to? What kind of CO'ing can you achieve? What are your 3DMark scores?

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
General tip: If you wish to overclock a certain device a thump rule says that 10-15% OC is okey. Take that as a max OC

Glen

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 13, 2011
Image of GPU while idle:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/28/gpuidle.gif/

Image of GPU while playing Oblivion on Highest Settings:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/339/oblivionhighestdetail.gif/

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Glen said:
Image of GPU while idle:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/28/gpuidle.gif/

Image of GPU while playing Oblivion on Highest Settings:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/339/oblivionhighestdetail.gif/

very low I must say (a third part cool that). could you benchmark that in a resolution that is a bit lower than or something that take more of the gpu power? 46C is to good to be true. 70-80 is normal.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Maximus said:
Temps are pointless. Lets see some overclocking and benchmark scores.

true but not true; if the temps are high like 90C, you will with the biggest probability not be able to oc. If the temps are 60-70 then you can.

Glen

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 13, 2011
You won't see OC'ing any time soon. It shortens the life of components and besides, I don't feel I need any more performance. That's just my opinion on the matter though.

3D Mark 11 Results

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Glen said:
You won't see OC'ing any time soon. It shortens the life of components and besides, I don't feel I need any more performance. That's just my opinion on the matter though.

3D Mark 11 Results

It's hard to say if 6950 is really oc if it has the same frequence as 6970; depending which of the model is the reference model. if the 6970 is the reference model then 6950 is "underclocked" version of the 6970.

Lets take two AMD model (6750M & 6770M) and three Nvidia models(525M, 540M & 550M), with the same number of shaders (for nvidia cuda cors) but different speeds.

6750 and 6770 are the same but 6750 has 600MHz and 6770 has 670MHz. If 6770M is the reference then clocking 6750 to the some frequency is not oc.

525, 540 and 550M are the same but with different gpu frequency; 525M has 600MHz, 540M has 672MHz and 550M has 740MHz. I personally believe that clocking 525 and 540 to the same MHz as 550M is not oc since 550M is (without a doubt) the reference.

Tell me if I am wrong or at least thinking wrong.

E

Exorcizm

McLovin said:
Nice rig. By the look of it you could play practically any game.

A dual core and a GT220 can play any game, LOL
What settings are another question

I am seeing your posts as a forum promoter and what not, quite small and very "informing people of the obvious"

just a friendly reminder that you should try up your conversations and thoughts instead of keeping it to a sentence or two

I struggle under all your posts, to find even a paragraph.

kthxbye haha :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Exorcizm said:

I am seeing your posts as a forum promoter and what not, quite small and very "informing people of the obvious"

just a friendly reminder that you should try up your conversations and thoughts instead of keeping it to a sentence or two

I try and help people as much as I can. If you have a problem I think that you will have to deal with it. ;)

E

Exorcizm

McLovin said:
Exorcizm said:

I try and help people as much as I can. If you have a problem I think that you will have to deal with it. ;)

Well if you call that "trying as much as you can" then i guess i'll just have too :p