my story with update broke my pc and using AOEMI for first time !!

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
hello everybody,
i want to share my little story with windows 10 update which made my pc sluggish and not responsive.
My windows 10 is N edition (which is for Europe consumer which does not have windows media player and other features which exist in pro only edition )
so i wanted to add this features to my my windows edition. i searched on google and found that there installer packs which are installed to integrate these features.
so guess what ?? i created restore point and downloaded the suitable pack which is compatible with my windows 10 pro N build (1809)then installed it
After installing and rebooting i found my windows became slowly and sluggish tried to restore but ended with error
so i tried AOEMI backupper for first time :):)
i have made a full backup after the fresh install and an incremental back up after 1809 so i created window 10 PE in AOEMI and restored my PC

The lesson learned: Never consider back up a trivial task as it can save you from a disaster which may occur in a minute and may be by you accidentally.

Last edited:

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
The lesson learned: Never consider back up a trivial task as it can save you from a disaster which may occur in a minute and may be by you accidentally.

And that's a good point.

Having multiple computers in the household and having done many back-ups that were never needed... I have become a little lazy and lethargic about it.

Like so many things in life... you should just do it.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
If it were not for imaging software I fear I would give using Windows (PC's) up altogether as the hundreds of potential hours saved is incalculable also in stress saved & the ability to mess around with programs & settings knowing I can image back in a few minutes. I tell many, but few listen ... :eek:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.