My Windows 7 Config

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plexx

Since you occasionally get infections and security risk is set to medium, consider swapping McAfee IS to avast! antivirus free or AVG antivirus 2013 Free.

If you are looking for a paid solution: ESET Antivirus/Smart Security, Norton Antivirus/Internet Security or even Kaspersky (if your computer can handle it).

Backup solution you could use Windows 7 Built In backup and restore (just save it to an external drive) and you can always mount the backup to retrieve files.

You could add HitMan Pro to the list of On Demand scanners but simply to scan, not clean otherwise you will need to activate the trial mode.

carl fish

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Mar 6, 2012
McAfee isn't taking up too many resources on my system, I have added Comodo cleaning essentials to my config

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.