MyFreeAntivirus & CharityAntivirus

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
MyFreeAntivirus - Its Bitdefender rebranded. Previously it was free for 1 year i.e on clicking free AV you use to get paid AV for 1 year free. Dont know how its now?
At that time on Wilders their staff had mentioned something like they will come up with a free AV named CharityAntivirus. After couple months CharityAntivirus site was there with coming soon. Today I checked the site & CharityAntivirus can be downloaded. You have to enter an email to get a key & download link.
Free Antivirus - Probably the world's best free Antivirus Program
CharityAntivirus | Home

Reactions: Logethica

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
WOT doesn't like the first link.

I don't really know them well but it looks fishy to me. Their webpages show a lot of "certificates of best AV" and such but I highly doubt their credibility.

If you want to use Bitdefender's engines might as well go for their Bitdefender free option.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
It seems MyFreeAntivirus is still the same i.e paid version free for 1 year.
And it seems CharityAntivirus is Bitdefender free AV. Currently downloading it..227MB 64 Bits. Will install & see if different/good GUI/options are there.
Email received has a key, download links & mention 365 days activation.
FAQ mention does not cost anything & autorenewal.
CharityAntivirus | Delivery & Refund

@yesnoo - you give up on Comodo ?
Currently running AV is Avast free.

Waiting for Comodo Cloud AV.
I like CIS & install CFW only. But Cloud AV part in CIS doesn't works well. And I dont install other AV too.

I liked Comodo Cloud AV concept. Would be light & bloatless & cluttered free GUI so waiting.....

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hjlbx

Thread author
Deal-breaker... they don't offer premium support for $99 per incident.

I liked Comodo Cloud AV concept. Would be light & bloatless & cluttered free GUI so waiting.....

Heh, heh... I am waiting too on both CIS 9 and Cloud AV.

Supposedly they make changes to infrastructure that will improve both CIS and Cloud AV.

I don't expect anything spectacular all at once. It will all take time...

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
CharityAntivirus is the same Bitdefender free AV.

Heh, heh... I am waiting too on both CIS 9 and Cloud AV.

Supposedly they make changes to infrastructure that will improve both CIS and Cloud AV.

I don't expect anything spectacular all at once. It will all take time...
Me too waiting for both especially CCAV.

But you know their thing with releases. They never deliver initial/first beta, etc... on time & are always too late as per announcement & they are always in hurry to release the final/stable after 1 or 2 short betas.

Are you running CIS currently? Guess Yes.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The problem for MyFreeAntivirus is you cannot get the program upon testing immediately which you need to purchase the product.

If we will compare in terms of performances, Bitdefender AV itself have more edge than those partners holding their signatures due to agreement implementation.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
The problem for MyFreeAntivirus is you cannot get the program upon testing immediately which you need to purchase the product.

If we will compare in terms of performances, Bitdefender AV itself have more edge than those partners holding their signatures due to agreement implementation.
I think its free for a year so you can test it.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Just downloaded and installed Charity AV on my VM, it looks exactly the same as Bitdefender free, I mean EXACTLY the same. You are really better off with the actual Bitdefender Free rather than go through another company for the same kind of protection. Plus Charity AV is only free for a year where as Bitdefender Free can practically last forever as long as you continuously register for another year of licences.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For MyFreeAntivirus, it seems the link from their website is totally misleading which gives you to install automatically MyAntivirus (30 days trial).*

*My Account feature is no longer available if you will click from their program in order to register for an account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.