Myriad

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
Hi Folks
been a while since I posted here .

I often see references to Cruel Sister settings .

Can anyone provide a quick link to where these are ?

I used to see her around on here ( ? ) and another security forum , but she seems to have dropped off the radar .

Many thanks to anyone who can help out .
Be well , stay safe

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Hi Folks
been a while since I posted here .

I often see references to Cruel Sister settings .

Can anyone provide a quick link to where these are ?

I used to see her around on here ( ? ) and another security forum , but she seems to have dropped off the radar .

Many thanks to anyone who can help out .
Be well , stay safe

You may want to ask directly @cruelsister just send her a message as PM. yesterday, she was online here in the forum...

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Not trying to make your config bad or anything, but people are getting the "At Risk" rating when using an outdated phone version. Using Windows 7 with no security patches shouldn't be rated as Security: Complete imo. Otherwise solid config. :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
A major flaw has been discovered, find out more below.
Windows 7

Not sure how Comodo Firewall/Internet Security is going to solve anything, when the OS does not receive any security updates and most browsers dropping support.

Recommendations:
- Free upgrade to Windows 10 (Quick! Upgrade to Windows 10 for free in 2021)
- Else consider a "light" or full Linux distro

However it would be interesting to hear your excuse for Windows 7's existence on your PC?

Myriad

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
A major flaw has been discovered, find out more below.
Windows 7

Not sure how Comodo Firewall/Internet Security is going to solve anything, when the OS does not receive any security updates and most browsers dropping support.

Recommendations:
- Free upgrade to Windows 10 (Quick! Upgrade to Windows 10 for free in 2021)
- Else consider a "light" or full Linux distro

However it would be interesting to hear your excuse for Windows 7's existence on your PC?

...... :):)

To clarify

The W7 dinosaur is very much a hobby machine which I use for some audio and video processing
watching youtube and such like ..... and I like it .
There is no banking or shopping done on it and there is no personal information stored
.... I thought I'd put " secondary machine " in my config details .... but perhaps not

Thanks for the Linux recommendations , I constantly promote it whenever possible .
I've been a Linux user for a very long time ..... Mint on my main laptop and Raspbian / RaspberryOS
on the various Pi systems ( all with ufw and a couple with Fail2Ban ) , and Unix , going back 30 years
I also have more VMs running than I could remember .... Qubes , Whonix , MX ....

I'd heard about Comodo / CS settings for years but never got round to checking it .
Now that I have some time on my hands I thought I'd have a look at how it worked on W7

..... my thanks to all for the comments , suggestions and advice

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.