TairikuOkami

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
So, after @HarborFront made me feel ashamed for giving mom the old phone, which is also a fire hazard, I have decided to get her something better.
It is designed for elderly, it has a very nice launcher, so hopefully she will no longer block contacts at random as before. Camera is also pretty decent.

As far a security goes, it will probably never receive any security updates, but she does not even know how to type SMS, so it is not an issue.
It is not as sturdy as mine, but the original cover should help and we will see, how it goes on. There is always Nokia 6650, if everything fails.

S6550SenBlu1.png

MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022
Thanks for this. I know several people who would benefit from this type of device. What a great idea.

Your mum may benefit from reading this if she's still capable.

Its written and designed with senior's in mind.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
If an old person can't learn to navigate the UI that's great but fortunately my grandma knows how to navigate the UI of her phone better then me

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
So, after @HarborFront made me feel ashamed for giving mom the old phone, which is also a fire hazard, I have decided to get her something better.
It is designed for elderly, it has a very nice launcher, so hopefully she will no longer block contacts at random as before. Camera is also pretty decent.

As far a security goes, it will probably never receive any security updates, but she does not even know how to type SMS, so it is not an issue.
It is not as sturdy as mine, but the original cover should help and we will see, how it goes on. There is always Nokia 6650, if everything fails.

View attachment 275518
She isn't Targeted so it's alright I would say not having security updates although I would still recommend a phone that has to people who care about security

Hmm I wonder if you could just use the same launcher on a different phone

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.