mythilshape.top in Google Chrome on Android phone

Thread details
Affected operating system
Google Chrome / Android
Affected device
Pixel 8A
Symptoms on the affected device
Every time I remove my browsing history/cache/cookies in Chrome, mythilshape.top shows up as being "frequently used." I have installed malwarebytes on my phone and have scanned and according to it, there are no issues. But mythilshape.top keeps on being revealed when I clear my cache. I'm not seeing any evidence of the malware itself -- no popups etc. -- but it's still present obviously.
Steps taken to remove the infection
Scanned using malwarebytes
Cleared cache/cookies/browsing history
Browsers affected by infection
  1. Chrome

wootbeer

New Member
Every time I remove my browsing history/cache/cookies in Chrome, mythilshape.top shows up as being "frequently used." I have installed malwarebytes on my phone and have scanned and according to it, there are no issues. But mythilshape.top keeps on being revealed when I clear my cache. I'm not seeing any evidence of the malware itself -- no popups etc. -- but it's still present obviously.
 
It seems like a persistent cookie issue. Try using a different browser for a while to see if the problem persists. Also, check if you have any suspicious apps installed on your phone. Uninstall them if you find any. If the issue continues, consider a factory reset after backing up your data.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top