Advice Request Nanoaddblocker and Face book

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 69673
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
Been trying out this extension for a few days and found out I can't click on the Facebook link on pages and post to Facebook with this extension. Ublock Origin works just fine. Anybody else see this?

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I was using advanced mode same as Ublock. Will go out of advanced mode and see if that works. If not, I will have to go back to Ublock.
Doesnt really help are u in advanced mode or not, the only difference is that you can manually white/blacklist domains when youre in advanced mode

Nano just probably blocking some script and you have to manually let it run, or either disable adblock on fb

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Been trying out this extension for a few days and found out I can't click on the Facebook link on pages and post to Facebook with this extension. Ublock Origin works just fine. Anybody else see this?

What website? That's curious. Which browser do you use? I use Edge with Nano in Medium Mode (3rd party frames & scripts blocked - including FB.com) with mostly built-in filters and I am able to click FB link on The Guardian website. I have no whitelisted items other than default. :unsure:

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
You could disable Nano on FB and use Scriptsafe within FB. Scriptsafe also blocks ads and unwanted content without any problems, however this is an alternative if you cannot see which domain is being blocked via Nano. As Moonhorse stated as well you can whitelist the domain which is being blocked (if you can find it).

~LDogg

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
You could disable Nano on FB and use Scriptsafe within FB. Scriptsafe also blocks ads and unwanted content without any problems, however this is an alternative if you cannot see which domain is being blocked via Nano. As Moonhorse stated as well you can whitelist the domain which is being blocked (if you can find it).

~LDogg

This is an option except it is inconvenient. More info from @ticklemefeet about his browser, other pertinent info would help uncover the issue. As I posted above, Facebook link on The Guardian was functional with NO changes needed in Nano. Or maybe he'll just revert > uBO.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
I use Edge. When I try to add the page to Face book, A window just flashes and closes with Nano. With Ublock I have no issues.
I don't see anything to change the mode to medium in either Nano or Ublock.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
.. When I try to add the page to Face book, A window just flashes and closes with Nano.

I'm not sure I understand what this means. Your original post says you have a problem clicking on FB link on a webpage. Now you say "try to add a page to FB..."

...I don't see anything to change the mode to medium in either Nano or Ublock.

What? o_O You are either in "Advanced User" mode or you're not. If "Advanced User" checked, then what are you blocking globally? 3rd party Scripts? 3rd party Frames? Your choices for global blocking in Advanced Mode determine whether you're in Easy, Medium or Hard mode. Also, you may not have Nano configured exactly like uBO.

Have you watched the excellent video?:

Nano Adblocker functions the same as uBO. Nano in Edge is built on the same platform as uBO and stays pretty even with it in terms of versions. Nano in Edge is based on version 17.0. uBO in FF is version 17.2. Without more clarity on your configurations I see no way to help. You may need to use uBO instead just to keep it simple. (y)

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
Ok, Here is what I am trying to say. When I am on a page and or even a video and off to the left or below, there is an option to chose Facebook, Twitter etc.. With Ublock, I get a popup that shows to sign into Face book. I do that and then I can post. With Nano I just get a flash of the popup and it closes right away. I am including two screen shots. One of my rules list with Nano and one with Ublock.
These are both default installs and both not in advanced mode.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_123 Nov. 13 16.19.jpg
    ScreenHunter_123 Nov. 13 16.19.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 197
  • ScreenHunter_122 Nov. 13 16.18.jpg
    ScreenHunter_122 Nov. 13 16.18.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 208
Last edited by a moderator:

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Ok, Here is what I am trying to say. When I am on a page and or even a video and off to the left or below, there is an option to chose Facebook, Twitter etc.. With Ublock, I get a popup that shows to sign into Face book. I do that and then I can post. With Nano I just get a flash of the popup and it closes right away. I am including two screen shots. One of my white list with Nano and one with Ublock.
These are both default installs and both not in advanced mode.

That's what I thought from your original post. If it's happening to you on all websites that's puzzling indeed. I can post to FB with default or advanced mode. I'm out of ideas. Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.