nclr11111´s Main rig

nclr11111

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 25, 2011
Just my setup on my main rig. Privacy and security are prioritized but backup is an ongoing project. Havent found any sw i like so i just use an external drive for the time being. Will do a reinstall soon and my goal is to have decided by then....

//nclr

Reactions: LabZero

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
Actually a very good configuration.
Especially if you know exactly how to use CIS (since its focus is more on prevention than on detection), you are protected on all sides.
One recommendation, but not so important though: consider replacing AdBlock Plus with uBlock Origin which is much lighter.
Thanks for sharing.

L

LabZero

Enable UAC if not.
Comodo provides a good safety level, especially if well configured in advanced mode (HIPS behavior settings).
Good backup plan on external device.You can add Aomei OneKey free or Paragon B&R free, to make a system image and restore it if you need.
You may add Ccleaner to ensure good Windows maintenance.;)

Last edited by a moderator:

nclr11111

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 25, 2011
Comodo is configured mainly after this guide How to Install Comodo Firewall which gives it function w/o interfering with everything i do.
Found it impossible to use higher security w/o having popups with every click i made....

Regarding UAC it´s active and Ccleaner is in place since forever. Just keep forgetting to mention them... :/

Reactions: LabZero

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hi, it is a very good configuration, I agree with @frogboy a backup solution is fundamental, and I agree also with @OneDay , uBlock Origin is better than adBlock, faster and lighter. Thanks for sharing :)

Reactions: frogboy
D

Deleted member 178

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.