Advice Request NDIS.SYS & DNSAPI.DLL

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 69673
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
Those two files deal with Windscribe. Cylance keeps quarinteening them. Every few days I have to allow and safe list them in my portal. Ayone evnture a guess as to why Cylance keeps doing that?

Reactions: upnorth

Thread author
Those two files deal with Windscribe. Cylance keeps quarinteening them. Every few days I have to allow and safe list them in my portal. Ayone evnture a guess as to why Cylance keeps doing that?

Some kind of bug.

Report it to Cylance support.

Reactions: RoboMan
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
Some kind of bug.

Report it to Cylance support.
I will see if I can find that e-mail. I remember someone saying as soon as they are quarinteened, they are sent to support. Anyway thanks, i will look.

Thread author
I will see if I can find that e-mail. I remember someone saying as soon as they are quarinteened, they are sent to support. Anyway thanks, i will look.

I meant report the fact that you are having to re-whitelist every couple of days. That is a bug.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
Just an update:
Tech support contacted me and basicly when Windows updates file, Cylance will flag them. Their recommandation was to sinply keep safe listing them as long as they keep changing them. This is all based on the hash of the file. And so if any file hash changes they flag it.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
I run myself latest stable/beta Windscribe clients for Windows with CSAV on other 3 machine and no alerts from Cylance. Even by manually updating, that doesn't sound normal behaviour to me. Are you running Windows Insiders builds or something? That would be my only explanation. Otherwise, I would be cautious and think twice before re-safelisting those files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.