Advice Request Need a final opinion on Kaspersky's spying scandal

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slothrop

Feb 1, 2022
This American is at the point that if my govt tells me to avoid (name a company) because they're spying, I'll take it with a huge grain of salt. They're one of the worst offenders in the world right now.

I recall the talk about Kaspersky and blew it off, then a couple of years ago we were warned about WPS Office, and that we shouldn't use it because it was spying for the Chinese. I now use it and have found nothing suspicious calling out.

Frankly, I'm more annoyed by Microsoft and what it's collecting about me than most other softwares, and the FBI - Famous But Incompetent.
If Russia invades Ukraine and NATO responds with sanctions on Russia and military aid to Ukraine, should Kaspersky users in Europe and North America be concerned about using Kaspersky products?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.