Advice Request Need a simple and effective backup software.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

monkeylove

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
I also installed Paragon Backup and Recovery but I could not create iso boot file as it said that i don't have ADK installed on my Window.

From what I remember, instructions pop up with links to download and install the ADK.

YURY

Level 1
Verified
Aug 31, 2016
I recommend AOMEI Backupper Standard, a free tool for backing up and restoring data that can arise from various system failures.
The application supports system, disk and partition backup, system, disk, partition recovery, disk copying, etc. the program Interface is very simple and will be available to a wide range of users, allowing you to easily master the technology of backup and data recovery.
The peculiarity of this utility is to support Microsoft - VSS technology, which allows you to perform the backup process without closing the running applications, which is very convenient, because the backup can be created in time on the PC.

Reactions: harlan4096

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Since Windows 7, users are provided with a couple of basic recovery options, without needing 3rd party software:
  • Create a restore point -- not recommended
  • Create a system image -- relies on Windows Backup
  • Create a system repair disc -- may be useful in for recovery purposes
  • Create a recovery drive
Windows 8.1 introduced a better way to recover the OS with Refresh and Reset PC.

On Windows 10, it was simplified to Reset this PC, but essentially the same as above.
  1. Keep my files -- removes apps and settings only
  2. Remove everything -- removes all personal files, apps and settings
You can also use the Media Creation Tool to maintain a clean copy of the Windows 10 ISO on storage or burn image to USB.

Mileage may vary. Always keep personal files backed up before performing any system recovery.

jackwilli

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 1, 2019
You can get free copy of AOMEI Backupper Professional via giveaway here.
MalwareTips Giveaway - AOMEI Backupper World Backup Day Giveaway

BTW, how was your experience with Macrium Reflect free version. Is incremental backup available in free version?
Macrium experience wasn't so good. Incremental backups are not present in free version. I tried aomei backupper too but it was horrible on my pc. I made system backup and shut down my pc when i restarted my pc it freezed at dell logo, i tried many time but same issue. I reinstalled windows and tried to get my pc back in previous condition so i tried aomei backup image and restarted but this time some boot files problem were created. Now i am back to easeus todo backup free edition and quite happy with it and works perfectly on my pc. It is not necessary that software that works well for most users would also work for you.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Which backup solution free or paid ,better free though can be scheduled to be run at user logon and run in real time all day to a portable hard drive?Thks (with little performance issues)

Reactions: oldschool

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
i am back to easeus todo backup free edition and quite happy with it and works perfectly on my pc. It is not necessary that software that works well for most users would also work for you.

Yes, individual results vary. Aomei OneKey works for me. For Windows 10, 1809+ see this post: Discuss - Aomei OneKey Backup: Have you tried it?

Which backup solution free or paid ,better free though can be scheduled to be run at user logon and run in real time all day to a portable hard drive?Thks (with little performance issues)

Windows File History for data backup. Built-in, simple and effective.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.