Battle Need help deciding which AV to get next

xMomox

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 11, 2017
Hello, I am currently using Trend Micro IS as my laptop's AV and it will be expiring in about 2 weeks time and therefore would like some opinions regarding which AV should I subscribe to next. I have read reviews on the different AV products listed above but I can't seem to decide which is good for my laptop. Would appreciate any help in helping me decide which one to subscribe to next. Thank you.

xMomox

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 11, 2017
Thanks for all your replies! Trend is working well for me but I recently got a discount coupon for Bitdefender TS which prices at a slightly lower price than Trend Micro if I were to renew it, which is why I am at a dilemma on whether to continue with Trend or not. =D

Reactions: tonibalas

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
free: avast with tweaked settings
paid: kaspersky and emsisoft. Get any of them if you get a cheaper deal on ebay or a reputable retailer
for example, KIS can be ~$8-13 while it's a bit harder to find cheap deals for emsisoft

if they are properly configured, they will protect you very well and the results will be close to each others, no you can't go wrong with any of them
avast seems to be not comparable to the other 2 but if you tweak it well and follow some advises, you will be safe

Last edited:

xMomox

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 11, 2017
free: avast with tweaked settings
paid: kaspersky and emsisoft. Get any of them if you get a cheaper deal on ebay or a reputable retailer
for example, KIS can be ~$8-13 while it's a bit harder to find cheap deals for emsisoft

if they are properly configured, they will protect you very well and the results will be close to each others, no you can't go wrong with any of them
avast seems to be not comparable to the other 2 but if you tweak it well and follow some advises, you will be safe
Thank you. Guess I will wait for the giveaway results to be announced before deciding on getting anything for the time being. :)

Durden

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2013
you should trial them and see which one you AND your laptop like :)
believe me, some of them you won't even stand for a single day , and others will get worse/better every passing day.
from my experience with laptops , I'll either go for Emsisoft AM as my ABSOLUTE TOP CHOICE!. or I'll go with Norton .
trial them and see for yourself.
trialing is very important, for example you'll see people bashing Bitdefender, and while I think it's much buggier than the others, it ran smooth on my laptop.
these products are all top notch , but I think the smoothest performance and usability you'll get from Emsi and norton , and especially EMSISOFT.

Reactions: xMomox
F

ForgottenSeer 55474

I recommend Bitdefender Total Security+Zemana or Malwarebytes+Hitmanpro+HitmanPro Alert, I know that this is not cheap, but it is worth it.
PS.Voodooshield Premium is not a bad idea.

budda

Level 2
Verified
Feb 13, 2013
Bitdefender free is great but theit paid products uses some resources but if you want to choose from bitdefender then choose bitdefender internet security. Its top notch product but it takes more ram than kaspersky products.

Kaspersky is a great product no wonder majority of people here voted for KIS

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.