Need help removing Spigot Yahoo

njemt

Thread author
Mar 7, 2014
Hi,

I need help my wife's computer got infected and I can't get this dang thing out. I followed some similar online removal techniques but they haven't helped. Any info you can provide to get rid of this stupid thing would be greatly appreciated. BTW I'm not to good at computer stuff like this so I kind of need it dummied down for me.

Thanks,

Frank

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    88.7 KB · Views: 146
  • aswMBR.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 75

njemt

Thread author
Mar 7, 2014
Actually I think I fixed it myself. I updated a piece of software and did an advanced user install and removed the toolbar and it seemed to fix the issue.

g3n-h@ckm@n

Level 1
Verified
Mar 1, 2014
Hello

You can uninstall ( useless) :

IObit\Advanced SystemCare
Spybot - Search & Destroy 2

do you want we do a larger diagnostic than this too see if there's really nothing infectious staying in your computer ?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.