Need help with DNS unlocker

jslim

Thread author
Sep 25, 2016
Hi there,

I'm experiencing some trouble with DNS unlocker. I have tried the steps lined up in a guide on the specific malware from the community, but it didn't seem to help. All scanners listed by the community did not seem to pick up any trace of the malware. Could I seek some assistance on this? Many thanks in advance!

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    88.2 KB · Views: 2
  • AdwCleaner[S1].txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 0

jslim

Thread author
Sep 25, 2016
Hi again, I had a look at the problem, and here are my observations (and recollections of the events):

- I did another scan with MBAM, this time round with root-kit detection enabled, but no results were returned
- I saw another post by Dylan324 earlier regarding visiting a site powered by vBulletin, and it reminded me that the problem only surfaced up around 5 hours earlier when I visited a forum powered by vBulletin too (speak of deja vu!)
- I've tried adding the ABP extension to my chrome browser, it did help with the issue, especially when I opened up the forum page again
- Prior to enabling ABP, I've observed that other sites (apart from the said forum running vBulletin) did not have the pop-up issue
- No issues were detected on my DNS settings on IPV4 and IPV6, and they're still on automatic rather than a manual DNS server
- I've tried setting the DNS server to 8.8.8.8, but it did not help with the issue
- I've run the FRST as the administrator now, and attached are the reports

Those are the observations and recollections I have so far. A concern I have right now is regarding password security, and I have made use of banking websites, and only discovered the issue only after I saw the pop-ups. Is there any immediate concern for password security now? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    41 KB · Views: 0
  • FRST.txt
    88.6 KB · Views: 1

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.